Colorado, Longmont/Boulder

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
Well it is insane to be out there with just you and a backpack, but I went out there last January so I don't have much room to talk. As far as CO goes it's a pretty cool place, but I'd avoid Denver if I were you. The place sucks and is full of anti-homeless laws and asshole cops. I really like Nederland, Fort Collins and some of the smaller towns. Boulder is alright, but I feel it gets way more hype than it deserves. Nederland isn't great for much but camping, if your wanting to meet people go out to Fort Collins or Boulder. I don't know how many people are out there right now, but that's the best advice I can give you unless you want to head to a warmer place.

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Duuuude, if you hit up Boulder-
Make sure to check out Starseed studios*
It's a glassblowing collective with some incredibly talented, friendly artists.

They may let you watch some live glassblowing. And a couple of them may not be apposed to housing you up.

G

Grubblin

The people can be cool, the cops are major assholes. I'm just up the road in Estes with a broke ass truck right now. As soon as I get it fixed I can give you a ride somewhere if you want. Everywhere is lonely on the road when you first get there. It just takes some time to meet some people, that's it. I've met some of the coolest people ever in Colorado and I've met some complete douchebags. Overall most everyone here is pretty chill.

Will Wood

Reaction score
Well it is insane to be out there with just you and a backpack, but I went out there last January so I don't have much room to talk. As far as CO goes it's a pretty cool place, but I'd avoid Denver if I were you. The place sucks and is full of anti-homeless laws and asshole cops. I really like Nederland, Fort Collins and some of the smaller towns. Boulder is alright, but I feel it gets way more hype than it deserves. Nederland isn't great for much but camping, if your wanting to meet people go out to Fort Collins or Boulder. I don't know how many people are out there right now, but that's the best advice I can give you unless you want to head to a warmer place.
Thanks! I'm van camping. So I'm afraid of cops and nosy neighbors.. I thought I'd try the old, go to the local hospital and ask for the religious prayer room, and quietly pray/meditate myself to sleep for a couple of hours. It might work??

Will Wood

Reaction score
The people can be cool, the cops are major assholes. I'm just up the road in Estes with a broke ass truck right now. As soon as I get it fixed I can give you a ride somewhere if you want. Everywhere is lonely on the road when you first get there. It just takes some time to meet some people, that's it. I've met some of the coolest people ever in Colorado and I've met some complete douchebags. Overall most everyone here is pretty chill.
If I can make some money I'll see if I can help. I would like to go to Ft. Collins and check out the homeless gear trade http://homelessgear.org/get-help/#outreach ,, I need a 60L backpack and a good sleeping bag.. Anyway good luck..

Will Wood

Reaction score
Duuuude, if you hit up Boulder-
Make sure to check out Starseed studios*
It's a glassblowing collective with some incredibly talented, friendly artists.

They may let you watch some live glassblowing. And a couple of them may not be apposed to housing you up.
I dropped them a message.. We'll see. thanks!

Reactions: beersalt

Will Wood

Reaction score
I drove by Nederland and wondered if I tried to park there would someone shoot me?? And it is really cold..

Bizarre Odor

Reaction score
CO this time of year up til like May can be miserable weather wise depending. My favorite spots are south west, Montrose, Durango, Teluride, Black canyon of the Gunnisons etc. Maybe you want to check out Manitou Springs? It used to be a fun place to hang out but haven't been for some time so dunno.

pewpew

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Co has a pattern I've noticed, it gets snow at least once a week, then really windy the next day, then sunny the rest of the day. Honestly 30 degrees with that big sun really doesn't feel bad at all. As for the people in boulder, a lot of homebums but they're cool and also a lot of dirty kids, but a lot of resources for the homeless. Denver was ok, some lady gave me $160 one time (made over $250 that day) just walking down the street with my dog. Broadway on Denver has a lot of cheap hotels and dispensaries, the homebums around there I'd stay clear from.

As for the cops, I've gotten kicked out of a few parks here and they always ask "have I spoken with you before", which basically means 'this is your first warning' kind of thing, so be careful where you camp. Boulder has a lot of spots but Denver can be very limited since it's such a big city.

Edit: I actually forgot about this one hippie cult in Boulder lol....Go check out the Yellow Deli, they'll let you work for an hour for a meal...and possibly let you stay on their land about 5 miles outside of the city...just be aware that they'll try to recruit. Very nice people but very weird and very Amish kind of rules but with a mix of Hebrew, very religious people.

Reactions: Will Wood

Will Wood

Reaction score
Co has a pattern I've noticed, it gets snow at least once a week, then really windy the next day, then sunny the rest of the day. Honestly 30 degrees with that big sun really doesn't feel bad at all. As for the people in boulder, a lot of homebums but they're cool and also a lot of dirty kids, but a lot of resources for the homeless. Denver was ok, some lady gave me $160 one time (made over $250 that day) just walking down the street with my dog. Broadway on Denver has a lot of cheap hotels and dispensaries, the homebums around there I'd stay clear from.

As for the cops, I've gotten kicked out of a few parks here and they always ask "have I spoken with you before", which basically means 'this is your first warning' kind of thing, so be careful where you camp. Boulder has a lot of spots but Denver can be very limited since it's such a big city.

Edit: I actually forgot about this one hippie cult in Boulder lol....Go check out the Yellow Deli, they'll let you work for an hour for a meal...and possibly let you stay on their land about 5 miles outside of the city...just be aware that they'll try to recruit. Very nice people but very weird and very Amish kind of rules but with a mix of Hebrew, very religious people.
I did find the Yellow Deli. 24 hour coffee shop and Christian cult. When approached by a Bible literalist, just ask them to compare the 4 gospels and tell you what the last thing Jesus said before he died on the cross?? The 4 gospels have him saying 3 different last things.. Also, Elohim is not 'god' but 'gods'.. And the plurality does not imply anything but multiple gods.. Anyway, I could go on.. peace

• Haha
Reactions: pewpew

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ya the front range kinda sucks. Fort Collins, Loveland, lyons, Nederland, Boulder, and Golden would be the only places I would like to be.

The interior and western Colorado are where it's at. If you are in a van, Colorado life should be easy. Plenty of resources and places to camp.

Bizarre Odor

Reaction score

Never been to the yellow deli, but there is a similar spot in Manitou called the mate factor that must be apart of the same cult. They organize marriages among their members, kidnap vulnerable tripping hippies and take them to their bible study potlucks etc. Fucking weird.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads