college towns

Reaction score
Madison Wisco is pretty sick in the summer time. Ive seen wicked kick downs on the east side. Must of made $45 in less than 10 min at a stop light off HWY 51. And the cops dont suck as much as most towns. Gotta say, all in all i love Madtown :p

Yeah, madison's a pretty big yuppie town. Lots of people willing to throw money at you. I only live a half an hour away from there and used to busk at the farmers market with a brass band. We'd regularly pull in $700 between six of us, and that's after the front man pocketed who knows how much. Bastard.

Reactions: Mankini

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
The "fan" is where most of the college kids are in richmond. They also have food not bombs at the park.

SeeYouInIceland

Reaction score
GAINESVILLE:
multiple soup kitchens, plasma clinics, day labor sites, decent for busking or making money with arts/crafts, good public library that sometimes has a free healthcare trailer (got a free referal and prescription), a dental college where you can get a free cleaning, farmers market every week, woods everywhere to camp in even within the city, good trails and camping around the city, cheap beer, people partying year-round. if you look young you blend in, and as such have to act really stupid to get cops' attention (there are a lot of them, which actually made me feel safe for once). easy to get around, near the rainbow gathering in ocala, i had no trouble catching rides, got smoked out in surprising places, befriended an alligator, bought big $3 cuban sandwiches from publix, cooked em' in aluminum foil and pressed them between rocks. legit cuban.

• Useful

acer910

Reaction score
rva is great, Oregon Hill is a sweet neighborhood.
Wilmington NC is a good college town, warm, friendly people. Nice beach too if your into that sorta thing. Hit me up if your comin, il be here for a few months or so, could hook you up with a fake college ID to ride the city bus for free if your nice.

• Useful
P

Pheonix

my college tour

OSU - Columbus,OH
UWM - Madison,WI
U of M - Ann Arbor,MI
U of Texas at Austin
U of A - Fayetteville,AR
U of Montana - Missoula
U of Colorado - Boulder
U of California - Berkley
U of California - Santa Barbara (actually in Isla Vista,CA)
U of California - Davis
Humboldt State U - Arcata,CA

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
Chattanooga used to be good but I'm not sure how it is in the past 4 or so years. People usually only get Into trouble when vandalism and theft come into play...a lot of people used to come through here a good part of the year, especially spring and summer.

Elipses

Reaction score
Ann Arbor, Michigan is a pretty good town to be a bum in in the Spring/Summer time. University of Michigan has a pretty sweet campus and lots of traveller kids come through, busk/spange in the warmer months.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads