college towns | Squat the Planet

college towns

CdCase123

Reaction score
does anybody know of any college towns they can recommend which are easy to bum around? i usually like college towns and campuses in general. I hear good things about lawrence, KS and chapel hill, NC. I already know about the whole berkeley, arcata, asheville and austin scene, etc. thanks

Reactions: Mankini

JaimaJaima

Reaction score
gainesville, fl for sure. definitely not orlando, our downtown area is quite a walk from the college, so you'd just be bumming around soon-to-be bums.

JaimaJaima

Reaction score
as far as i've witnessed, and experienced myself, gainesville is a very forgiving city. you should be alright there, it's a dirt town to begin with and very communal.

E

Earth

It's no secret that New Haven CT is oozing with all kinds of money to be had with all those Yalies on the loose, the trick though is figuring out how to get it.

40 Hands

Reaction score
Madison Wisco is pretty sick in the summer time. Ive seen wicked kick downs on the east side. Must of made $45 in less than 10 min at a stop light off HWY 51. And the cops dont suck as much as most towns. Gotta say, all in all i love Madtown :p

Reactions: Mankini and 0ddity

jjoshea

Reaction score
missoula mt.for sure. easy going casual.wilderness 1 mile outta town. totally open folks. good day labor. relaxed camping. pocotello id. surrounded by national forest land,laid back.healthy. both places be prepared for the elements,but plenty of people willing to help someone get a leg up. just hold your mud and be polite.its the west .

bryanpaul

Reaction score

CooperBoo

Reaction score
missoula mt.for sure. easy going casual.wilderness 1 mile outta town. totally open folks. good day labor. relaxed camping. pocotello id. surrounded by national forest land,laid back.healthy. both places be prepared for the elements,but plenty of people willing to help someone get a leg up. just hold your mud and be polite.its the west .
fuck yeah to both places.
never remeber pocetello id, cause so much money flows to the traveling broke and hungry. smoked, drank and ate well there. and missoula good fucking times. dint know pcatello was a colleg town

jjoshea

Reaction score
yea id. st. plus i love the wilderness around the town the high desert climateand the cops are mellow long as you aint in the mix and obvious. i gotta laugh when folks suggest fla. really?the police state of the east,yea i wanna go there.

chaosfactorxx

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm in love with Burlington, VT. And gainesville's pretty chill. I raged it there last winter.
Also, it's not really a "college town" but Ybor city is the shit if you're ever around Tampa.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
fairbanks, ak

K

Kim Chee

I'll have to agree Missoula is pretty nice and yes, the wilderness is near town. I'd probably be there if it didn't get so damn cold in the winter. I'll happily settle for SLO.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
CDCASE!@#, you mentioned Chapel Hill, Durham was a much better time for me, You can take the triangle transit bus there from Raleigh. They got a chill little strip, I think it's 11th st, or it could be 9th, 'round there somewhere. I made out pretty good there spanging, and it used to be legal, so they are still pretty chill with it. At least as of 4 years ago.

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
i was looking at this and i think this is a GREAT thread, anyhow, i agree with those who say florida sucks, i hate this state and will be gone come next year, Denton, TX? i loved it there, then again this is where i was born, got two colleges, very much patrolled by pigs, TWU which is more towards Sanger, the town where ive lived most of my life, then there is UNT, also watch for pigs here, if you ever pass through look for fry st. thats party central for denton . . . this is a good thing to talk about, college towns are great, most of the time

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
Also if do ever get caught in florida, whats his name is right, ybor city is the spot to be at, 7th ave is where you go, if you got an instrument like me, beware florida though, be careful through this swamp, stay around the coastline is a rule i use, ive wondered out deeper before, i havent been to the everglades, but shit, people in this state are alot more varied, they call the US the melting pot of the world, if so, then florida is a fucking powder keg waiting to go off, take the spanish population down here: i speak a little spanish(rather horribly, i might add) but when i speak, most spanish folk understand me, especially cubanos, because its closer to spanish spoken naturally in Spain, i high school, i had a class, during which time i lived with my mother, and at her house stayed a mexican, he was more helped me with my spanish, then i lived with a mexican out here, in florida, actually i might have been the only gringo to ever pass through that trailer park, nonetheless, im getting side tracked, sry, the spanish population, is very varied, cubans, puerto ricans, mexicans make up the majority, then you got guatemalans, hondurans, salvis, colombians, now this is only looking at the spanish pop. next you got to remember your creole population, jamaicans, dominicans, all island peoples i suppose, most of them are creole, (which is spanish, french, english, and indian tongues all combined into a bit of a mess), now with that in mind, take a look at the enviornment in which they live in, im gonna make this ez on myself, be sure you bring a machete if your ever in florida, its pretty damn hard to set up an encampment

Reactions: Turbo E

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads