Tiphareth

Reaction score
Is there?:zombie:

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Take the new commuter train down to Wilsonville and hitch, easy as pie and only $2.15

Look it up on trimet.org

This info is on the internet, try a google search for the city/county's transit information, they'll have maps and schedules.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Not exactly, but you can get some odd intercity connector buses from Eugene to Salem and then from Salem to Wilsonville and then catch a bus or commuter train from Wilsonville to Portland. It really is just easier to hitch or grab a train! Or if you don't like either of those check craigslist for rideshares, there's alot of traffic back and forth between Portland and Eugene.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
As far as I know the furthest you can get N from Eugene on public transit is Junction City on weekdays. That's on HWY 99 so not as good as I-5 for hitching but I've done it it's not bad. Maybe there is a wierdo connector bus in Junction City? Do tell! The furthest S on Salem transit is like.. south Commercial street. Salem sucks. Hitching is much easier than taking the bus, and cheaper!

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Well, last time I did that hitch was with my friend Kate. We tried to get a NBD train outta Eugene but got tired of waiting after a day and a night and just went to HWY 99 to hitch. We got a ride to J.C., walked the couple miles to Harrisburg, walked out to the road to I-5 and got picked up after a couple hours and driven to the 5. After about 30 minutes at that desolate onramp in the middle of the fields we got picked up and taken to Tualatin which was a sweet ride.

Hitching out of Eugene on I-5 would have been way more direct, less walking and probably less waiting. We still did it in half a day but that one ramp by Gateway mall in Eugene would have probably made that into 2-3 hours to PDX instead of 6. And if you want to get the most miles out of your public bus ticket before hitching you can take the LTD bus to Coburg which is about 10 miles north of town.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
I'd say that if you're not comfortable hitching to just rideshare it like Angela said. It'd probably be cheaper and there's tons of people going between all of those cities on I-5. Well, cheaper in almost all instances but the CAP section, which has been discussed many times on this board..

what bull would you be dealing with riding on public transit? maybe I misunderstand ya

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
ArrowInOre said:
I have never heard anyhting about bus (aside from the dirty pooch) that runs from U-ge to So-Lame...Please, details Miss Angela, details...I know that there may be a route here in my ton that runs from here to Albany. Maybe from there, there might be a ride to Corvallis...

It's a dial-a-ride kinda bus. It does not come on any kind of schedule and is a pain in the ass. Honestly, I haven't ridden it since I was 15 and I'm now 32 so I don't even know if it still exists for sure.

Tiphareth

Reaction score
Well I have limited money for this journey. I've been in Seattle a couple weeks too many. I've tried hitching twice already, so intercity sounds easy as hell. After that I know I can hitch from Portland down to Eugene real easy.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads