Video - Cinch Solar Powered Tent | Squat the Planet

Video Cinch Solar Powered Tent

Multifaceted

Reaction score

I thought this would be interesting for some rubber tramps-
It looks as though the solar power soaker (forgetting the name for them currently) doesn't put out much energy, and you have to buy your own battery pack, but I think the idea is still pretty nifty, even if you can only find a battery pack the right size with USB ports. With the growing number of ports in cars I'm fairly certain there are USB powered camping items out there, such as flashlights. (Too tired to google.)
I especially like that it opens up on two sides rather than one. Tents are miserable in the summer but often necessary when camping in treeless areas that have showers, so opening it on either side would mean airing it out easily with a cross breeze, as well as being able to open it on whichever side the rain isn't coming from, rather than having to move it completely to still have air flow but keep the rain out.

Anyway- off to bed! I hope at least one of ya finds this interestin'! The video is a bit doinchy if you ask me. :p

Reactions: Kal and Brother X

Kal

Reaction score
Interesting I wonder if they make it smaller to fit on a backpack.

Multifaceted

Reaction score
The smallest they have is a two person, but there may be one person tents available somewhere online that have a solar sucker thing! I'll google it when I'm off work and post the details to the thread.

Reactions: angerisagift

Multifaceted

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQ0CAW6/

Okay, so rather than a one man solar powered tent, I found a small foldable solar panel that has two USB ports. This could easily be carried in a backpack and set up anywhere convenient to you.

Multifaceted

Reaction score
  • Haha
Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads