Can anyone give me the scoop on Canada??? | Squat the Planet

Can anyone give me the scoop on Canada???

LilMa

Reaction score
I am pondering the idea of going up into Canada if shit doesn't work out for Oregon. I am wanting to know how easy it is to cross the border. My boyfriend and I both have S.S.C. cards and passports that are valid, other than that just general info about anything else for trying to get in and just sell his art & my jewelry. The info would be MUCH appreciated =]

bote

Reaction score
pretty easy to cross the border so long as you are organized. I recommend springing for a bus ticket from north of seattle to vancouver and check out some tour dates, say you are going to visit vancouver island and goingto ____________ festival.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Ya Canadian customs can be a bitch, I have a harder time coming back home than I ever do heading into the States..kind of odd, you would think it was the other way around.

bote

Reaction score
I have a harder time coming back home than I ever do heading into the States.

yep, same for me. I remember back after 911 when they were talking about the porous canadian border, thinking how ludicrous that was. Passport is harder to get too, and its only good for 5 years (US is good for 10 I think, more than 5 anyway)

bote

Reaction score
I have a harder time coming back home than I ever do heading into the States.

yep, same for me. I remember back after 911 when they were talking about the porous canadian border, thinking how ludicrous that was. Passport is harder to get too, and its only good for 5 years (US is good for 10 I think, more than 5 anyway)

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Me and a buddy crossed from Detroit into Windsor, ON, and we were totally having an arguement about when we had entered the US, when the inspector lady interrupted us by saying we could go on through. She didn't ask much. I did not go down the way I came up though, so who knows if location was a factor.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads