CALL TO... ARMZ? World Rainbow Gatherin' (Palenque, MX) | Squat the Planet

CALL TO... ARMZ? World Rainbow Gatherin' (Palenque, MX)

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Who's going?!? who's THINKING about going? who needs travel partners? hoppin' partners? hitchin' partners, pirate partners, road dawgs, etc. etc. i'm pretty sure i'm going; have one (maybe 2) BAD-ASS road dawgs that i would trust with fairly large portions of my life. Annndd i speak spanish! Muy bien! And i've been to Palenque/Yucatan/Guate/Belize! Even MAS BIEN! :) Hehe.

Headin' to Detroit area (i'm in Muskegon, MI) around 20th Aug, then to Philly to see my best friend. Try to kidnap her, for at least part of the journey. Swoop down to Raleigh, see some kids there. Asheville. Don't have po-lice troubles. Down to St. Auggie to see a good friend down there. Try to kidnap her. And her daughter. Go to NOLA to busk/fly/make money. See if i can do a fruit harvest in FL? Biloxi, Gulfport, etc. On to Tejas, Austin to see a friend, Galveston to see ex-bf/best friend thing. I-10 to the desert, learn from some Natives (Mesa?) Slab City. San D, then up 101 to OR/WA. Redwoods. Apple harvest? Redwoods. Weed.

Back down towards Baja, etc., then on into Mehiikkko. I think Tijuana/Baja would be alright to cross, all things considered. <3 Wonder if that Christian-kid is still down there? Christian? Christian?

Palenque to... peru? Maybe? We'll see.

Hit it up. <3 Let the Revolution beginnnn.... or continue. :)

Namaste, Blessed Be, alohA fo' Lyf,
~ melissA

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Woot wooot!! The tribe is gatthherrrinnngg! :) Hehehe. I'm excited!!! Yah, i've always wanted to go to slabz; that's definitely on my list. and the grand canyon. and sedona. been through there, twice, but never really stopped... AHHH!! SO MUCH TO DOOO!! But yah. For sure, the more the merrier. (Lo mas personas, lo mas sonrisas). everyone should learn espanol, so y'all can talk to the locals; they are AWESOME, beautiful ppl. Spanish is easy as fukk, esp. con cerveza y mota en la playa... con musica espanola y muchhaa conversacion en la lengua... they all love to learn english, too; if i stick around down there, that's gonna be one of my primary means of surviving/making... money? food? drogas? Somethhinnn'. :) i'm a dammnn good teacher, too, in English and Spanish (used to teach preskoolers, b4 Da Man got me doowwnn). mucha patiencia, as long as you're trying. anyways. stoned. rambley. peeacceee. :)

Namaste, Blessed Be,
~ melissA

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
I'm leaving MI around 3rd week of August; will probably be in... TX... in about 2 weeks or so after that? Unless something... happens. :) Then, probably 2 weeks or so in Cali (?); PDX around... i dunno? End of Sept/beginning of Oct? Whoa! Yeah! That would line up pretty well, I reckon... Do y'all (any of y'all, in fact) have passports/speak spanish/been to a foreign '3rd world' country?

iSTEVEi

Reaction score
I have UK and US passport, speak a bit of spanish that I think I've forgotten most of but I'm sure I could pick up a few Phrases.
Never been to a "Third world country" though.

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Cool beans... Yeah, valid passports are always helpful - nothing beats passport stress!! :) was gonna travel with a kid who doesn't 'believe' in IDs or passports (which is all well and good, but... good luck to ya!), and that would have been... complicated. :)

Yeah, spanish is easy as FUCK to pick up, especially when you make the effort to get yourself around the language (don't be afraid of looking like an ass; they appreciate you trying!), talk, talk, listen, listen, talk, talk, make LOTS of mistakes... i was down there for 6 weeks, came out like a little gringa tanned espanol speakin' mofo... i surprised MYSELF sometimes at how fast i could go off in spanish :) of course, had a good university education in it, but NOTHING beats the real thing. todo el tieeempppoo, espanol espanol, espanollll!!

3rd world countries are more fun than '1st world' ones, that's why i asked that. :) hahahaa. they don't give a FUCKKK, generally, and the people are DOPE!! Heellllzzzzyahahhhh. :)

iSTEVEi

Reaction score
Oh awesome.
Yeh, foreign languages aren;t my best subject but "Practice makes perfect" haha.
But yeah, keep in touch. I'm yet to get plane tickets (Got some stuff to take care of over here first.) But If you get a better idea of when you'll be in PDX or If I get a better idea of when I'll be PDX I'll try make it so my arrival coincides with yours or something.

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
hey y'allz ~
well, life is about change, going with the cosmic flow, surfing the waves of manifestation, and all that out-there hippie jazzercise to which i so fervently describe. my plans changed. i got a job here, in Muskegon, MI, at a daycare that's BAD-ASS!! EEE!! I'm super-excited, esp. since i thought i'd NEVER be able to work with kids again, cuz of my muddafukkin' weed charges. :\ bollox. anyways! so, it's cool.

i'm also going to purchase some land - yes, i found my 'dream property' - alas, it is in muskegon, MI (one of the most lamestestt places on the planet, esp. since the punk rawk scene went sour 10 yrs ago. :( anyways. but it's on muskegon lake, which just happens to be freshwater, which just happens to be connected to lake michigan, in rather close proximity. don't know how much it costs yet; there are 3 lots; i left him a msg. on friday, but haven't gotten a call back. holidaze and all... but anyways. so, i'm manifesting my hippie commune, in rather quick fashion. greenhouses built for $200, steers for $1200, chickens, pheasants, quail, etc. for $2 each. there's water (and lots of it), so fish hatchery (tilapia are the SHIT!), lobster, crabs, and shrimp woud be essential - don't know if there's freshwater stuff like that, but i could make saltwater replica.

and the PLANTS - i made a list of 105 diff. things to grow, 10 of which are drugs :) i can get my medical marijuana license here, cuz i DO have chronic nausea (don't say nothin about my head issues, they're irrelevant in michigan still) :) but DO have nausea. gotta get on that. that will get me growing rights to 12 plants, which could yield roughly a pound, if done correctly. and ohhh, i'd do it correctly. :) so, that will cover $$ for land, and whatnot, in and of itself, not to mention other vegetables, herbs, succulents, cuttings i could sell. anyways.

...mania is fun... unfortunately, it's winding down for the summa.. :( gotta riidddeee it a bit longer.

there's also a classroom for $800/month, somewhere in skeetown. muskegon heights (where da blaccckkk ppplllzzz live) recently turned charter (bought out b/c their school system essentially... failed), and there are roughyl 300 kids who have not signed up yet. these ppl are so, so lost, and so, so sweet. 30 kids at $1/day (i'll have scholarships, too) :) will cover rent; there's WiFi, electric, restroom, heat. So, that's another plan.. work parttime at daycare, parttime at classroom..

After THAT... i'm gonna buy St. Francis de Sales school; used to be a catholic preschool/grade school, where i intiialy went to skool. it has bene empty for several yrs. so, that will succesffully house the 300 ghetto children who are in desperate NEED of good teachers. if you are one, or have any interest in any aspect of this project, please let me know.

i'll still be in palenque for 21 dec. 2012; just might have a little more money this way; i wanna make it to peru with the christmas break and whatnot. woot woot.

...life is beautiful, when you surrrender everything.

Namaste, blessed Be,
~ melissA

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads