Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Homebase
Dick City California
Website
youtu.be
Thanks, everyone. I'm definitely going to pursue writing on a more consistent basis. Also super excited to have recently purchased a decent camera, I haven't had one for nearly ten years. So definitely more writing and better pictures to come beginning in Autumn.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Berky

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Homebase
Cranberry PA
What a good read! Thank you for sharing this!
Do you know anything about those 6 in the band, if they have anything online or if I can buy one of their CDs? They really sound like a group I'd love to listen to and support if they have a patreon or GoFundMe. Figured I'd ask and find out.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Homebase
Dick City California
Website
youtu.be
Thanks, @Berky. Yes I know heaps about those six in the band. They went by "The Dead Man Street Orchestra" but have since all sort of went on into their own projects. The most successful being Alynda Lee Segarra who formed her band "Hurray for the Riff Raff". She's been on the Conan O'Brian show and Letterman as well. Her music style has changed a lot over the years, from Junebug Waltz;
to Rican Beach;

Barnabus Jones(Trombone), Shaye Cohn(Trumpet) and Todd Burdick(Tuba) formed "Tuba Skinny";

Tim Roust the accordion maestro and Sherman the fiddler were both busking with various groups in New Orleans last I saw them.

The six of them have also been part of several acts in the past including;

The Loose Marbles(w/ Barnabus & Kiowa Wells)

The Sweet Nothings(w/ Barnabus Jones, Alynda Lee Segarra, Shaye Cohn)

G String Orchestra/G String Quartet(Barnabus Jones & Ian the fiddler who was also part of The Dead Man Street Orchestra's separated party I met a few days later)

Why Are We Building Such A Big Ship(w/ Alynda Lee Segarra)

And I'm sure a few others I'm not remembering at the moment.

Here's a few videos I filmed when I was staying with Alynda and Barnabus in the Bywater during the New Orleans part of the story I wrote above.

The Brown Bag Stagglers(w/ Barnabus Jones & Alynda Lee Segarra)
Singin' the blues; Tell em I had to go; St. James Infirmary;
Michael James played suitcase drums in The Brown Bag Stagglers and he's a great musician I can't leave out of this, he formed "My Graveyard Jaw"

Jesse Kammerdiener was singing and playing banjo, he's a great musician as well. Here's some of his work;

Some late mentions are; Shotgun Jazz Band(Barnabus) Stalebread Scottie & the kitchen men(Barnabus, Todd & Shaye)

S

smk1620

I closed my account
Fuck yea man this is the best shit I've read in years I've also settled down since my years of rambunctious traveling but I enjoy reliving my glory days by reading other people's stories and hopefully scribbling down a few of my own in the future. Yet for me laziness abounds. But props brother great fuckin story I hope to hear more

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.