boston?

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
Boston isn't the best city for squatting/dumpsterig. I lived there for a year. Steer
Clear Of Harvard square and the junkies/fake squatters/homebums. Be careful where you sleep Boston is full of gangs and gang territories. Good luck!

Drizzle

Reaction score
I live right outside of boston, its a sweet place. Harvard square isnt as bad as it is made out to be, the kids there arent bad either. Definitely hit up any of the upper crust locations for dumpster pizza. Theres a place in cambridge called youth on fire, free grub, showers, internet. The best part aboit boston is shoplifting, the city is so old that all of these new stores are built next to alleys that provide as excellent get a ways. REI near fenway is a good example, its built 75 yards away from a subway stop. Maybe I could come and chill with you guys, depening on when you will be around.

Drizzle

Reaction score
I have stayed in or around boston for most of my life. Ive also been enough other places to know, harvard square isnt shit.

Reaction score
Boston is cool, and its great for dumpstering I know some great locations, including an odwalla factory outside the city please PM me for the special details, other than that, check out the local whole foods, trader joes, and such, most have unlocked dumpsters. Youth on fire is excellent, make it there, its in Cambridge. I have been told you can get a copy or pages printed of the book that shall not be mentioned there, also I think they do STD tests there. Food not Bombs serves 2 weekly meals, 1 is friday in central square in Cambridge and the other is served sundays in the Boston Common near the green line "Park Street" station, both meals are served starting at around 3p.m. there are some amazing people that are involved in FNB in Boston. The food is good. There are some good places to sleep! There is a not so bad homeless shelter called The Pine Street Inn, its in the South End district of Boston which is beautiful, on Harrison st. Also visit Somerville, East Boston, South Boston, Allston/Brighton is cool too, there is a nice vegan restaurant that has an endless buffet the 3rd Sunday of every month called the Grasshopper, you can also get buffet takeout there, when you do that you can take so much fucking food, just load up and throw the dry appetizers in the bag and head outta there. If you go the sunday night at the right time like a half hour before closing they will give you extra take out containers cause they want to get rid of the food, then you can really load up! There are some great bike shops, check out Revolution bike repair thats in Jamaica Plain which is another awesome are, Community bike shop in the south end, Supurb bike in Fenway area/Brookline they specialize in high end track/fixie stuff and bike accessories. The Broadway bicycle school in Cambridge is rad as is Bikes Not Bombs in Jamaica Plain, both places will teach you bike mechanics and both places have bikes for sale. For a nice ride on the cheap Check out Cambridge Used bikes formally known as Shawsheen Used bikes, its in Cambridge or Somerville I forget but its a great place for good quality and cheap vintage bikes.
Check out the Allston train yard its where you can hop in and out of Boston, don't get caught ask an Allston punk how to do it right. As for the Upper Crust it is an excellent place for dumpster pizza the one in the South End has the easiest accessible dumpster and sometimes they even just throw the pizza out on the sidewalk near trash bins if its trash day the next day, but if you feel really adventurous head out on your bike or take the commuter rail out to the town of Wellesley which is a yuppie town just about 12 or so miles outside Boston there is an Upper Crust in the downtown area which has a dumpster always filled with whole pizzas in it! Also there is a radical bookstore in Jamaica Plain called The Lucy Parsons center go there. Come to Boston you'll enjoy yourself but you gotta get in with the right people, but, there really are some awesome people and some good things to do. Good luck! Have fun!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads