Boiling water?

Double-A

Reaction score
all fish are edible, there are just some fish that can carry some consequences: carp, catfish(the bigger ones), large muskies and northern. pretty much any bottem feeder or larger lake fish you'll want to shy from. there's mercury poisoning and then there's pcb(?) poisoning. i know that one of them, the way you clean your fish also correlates to how much poison you're getting with the fish. smaller fish are usually alright. if there's heavy poisoning in the water, the DNR will have posters up by the boat landing and piers.

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
hmm ok that helps, catching fish is just so easy, weatcher is fishing a line on a stick, setting a line for later, making a net.
crayfish are easy to find too, i used to eat those thigns like crazy, boil em up, put em in rice with some heisted seasons, now thats a gourmet campfire meal.

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
hmm ok that helps, catching fish is just so easy, weather is fishing a line on a stick, setting a line for later, making a net.
crayfish are easy to find too, i used to eat those thigns like crazy, boil em up, put em in rice with some heisted seasons, now thats a gourmet campfire meal.

Double-A

Reaction score
yeah. i miss cooking fish over the campfire. i haven't tasted any meat i 5 years, but i've finally come to the conclusion that as long as it's roadkill, it's mine. even that decision was hard for me. i guess i'm kind of self-brainwashed.

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i dont see why its so terrible to eat meat, i bear or a lion would hesitate a second to eat your ass..
i can understand not eating beef because of the shit they do to cows or whatever, but i dunno.
i just like food too much.
all food.

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i dont see why its so terrible to eat meat, i bear or a lion would hesitate a second to eat your ass..
i can understand not eating beef because of the shit they do to cows or whatever, but i dunno.
i just like food too much.
all food.

Double-A

Reaction score
yeah, i totally agree. it's mostly because of factory farms and overall cruelty. i used to hunt, and i think that eating venison is actually going to do more to bring down capitalism than buying fancy ass health store tofu, but for some reason guns are taboo for me. i'd rather make a pitfall or snare to catch my deer. instead i just wait for the car gods and goddesses to smile down on me, the way the goodly dumpster gods have.
my eating habits are deeply rooted in my animal lib and anarchist beliefs, so for me to critique them right now would be extensive and tolling on my psyche. maybe i'll seriously reevaluate in the spring. haha.

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
how much of roadkill is actually good to eat?
when i was biking across a few states a couple months ago i saw countless dead animals on the side of the street... or just in the middle of the street.
and i do agree that guns are just pathetic. for hunting or anything. war especially. what happneed to fighting with swords? BAHA

Double-A

Reaction score
speaking of swords. in wisconsin, it's legal to hunt with swords during bow season!
anyway, my family eats roadkill all of the time. if you saw it get hit, then it's fine. if it's cold outside and the body isn't completely frozen, it's fine. if it was torn in half by a semi, it's probably no good due to the bruising of the meat. a car hitting an animal can lead to some pretty bad blood trauma, so some may be ruined, but for the most part, it's safe. i personally wouldn't eat racoon, at least not near cities because those fuckers eat garbage. it's pretty amazing how your body will warn you if you've found bad meat. god, i'd kill for some home smoked jerky.

T

Tailz

haha, i love game meat, altho i have a problem with people hunting like helpless animals. redneck hunters are idiots... they spend hundreds of dollars on camo, and high powered rifles and wait in a tree for hours til somethin comes by. thats a pussy way to get food iif ya ask me. hunt somethin that can hunt you back, like track a bear with a knife.

skunkpit

Reaction score
im trying to remember the name of this survival book
its this couple that went into the woods for a decade or two with some tools, then gradually replaced all the man made tools with natural ones from around the area they lived, so say flitnaped knives and axes instead of steel ones.
tom brown still uses a steel knife and advocates its your primary survival device.. but what happens if ya lost it..
again ill post the name of the book if it ever comes to mind

Spinelli

Reaction score
tom brown still uses a steel knife and advocates its your primary survival device.. but what happens if ya lost it..
again ill post the name of the book if it ever comes to mind
Thats what your fingernails and teeth are for, you don't see wolves using knives do you? God theres a scary thought.

crumb

Reaction score
fish are so tasty!
and easy as shit to catch.
i wish i knew more about what fish are edible and what not...
hmm
i should look into that....

all freshwater fish are edible, and if they're smaller than 3 inches you can eat them whole... bones and all.

lots of saltwater fish are poisonous, but mostly in the tropics. look out for bright colors, that usually means poison.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads