Birmingham, AL | Squat the Planet

Birmingham, AL

underminingme

Reaction score
If you you ever find yourself in Birmingham check out Greencup books, on 1st ave S and Richard Arrington Blvd. (one block up from the train tracks). its a great community space and venue with several shows per week and more then likely we will let you crash there. Greencupbooks.org

We just started back the Food not Bombs, free food every Sunday @ 1pm at five points by the fountain. (20th St. S)

There is also some church's that will feed you and let you wash your clothes, like the Church of the Reconciler

There's Jones valley urban farm, a urban gardening project jvuf.org/
that does some events and what not.

Sloss Furnace is a old industrial era furnace open to the public to walk around, its kind of cool

Theres a African American Culture bookstore called Malcolm's Reading Corner malcolmsreadingroom.com

the local bike co-op bicicoop.org/

And of course some abandoned buildings and I'm sure I'm forgetting somethings

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
thanks for the info! i added this to the wiki!

If you you ever find yourself in Birmingham check out Greencup books, on 1st ave S and Richard Arrington Blvd. (one block up from the train tracks). its a great community space and venue with several shows per week and more then likely we will let you crash there. Greencupbooks.org

We just started back the Food not Bombs, free food every Sunday @ 1pm at five points by the fountain. (20th St. S)

There is also some church's that will feed you and let you wash your clothes, like the Church of the Reconciler

There's Jones valley urban farm, a urban gardening project jvuf.org/
that does some events and what not.

Sloss Furnace is a old industrial era furnace open to the public to walk around, its kind of cool

Theres a African American Culture bookstore called Malcolm's Reading Corner malcolmsreadingroom.com

the local bike co-op bicicoop.org/

And of course some abandoned buildings and I'm sure I'm forgetting somethings

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads