Best U.S. diy punk music cities 2019?

train in vain

Reaction score
Little rock was pretty solid up until the last year and a half or so. Last summer we got booted from the longest running show house that had been having shows off an on since the 90s. Last house show spot just bit the dust a couple weeks ago. Younger folks now dont have the fuckin heart that my original group of friends here had coming up. Place is dead.

I see some folks mentioning austin..whew
That place aint the place haha. I sure miss the shitpit though!

Some of my little rock pals moved to stl and it seems like a decent place with stuff going on. Seemed a little too pc for me but thats pretty much par for the course these days.

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Denver’s DIY scene has been going hard for years. We’ve got a DIY place called 7th Circle Music Collective that has shows from local kids just starting off to MDC playing there three years in a row, to a three-day underground folk punk festival called Compost Heap that’s now in its 4th year. It’s basically the 924 Gilman of Colorado.
Beyond that we have a number of house venues, a few other folks trying to get their DIY spaces off the ground, and an annual zine fest that also showcases local music. There’s something going on every night here.
Hey I was looking for info like that on Denver. I'm about 4 hours drive from there where I live now, was wondering what's up there. Is there a place to head to to find info on what's going on?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads