Best jeans?

keg

Reaction score
spend 500 bucks go to japan.get perfect "NEW" carhartt pants, jackets, bibs for 3-4 hundred bucks each.or buy old stained ones for less than 10 bucks.i got a denim jacket with carpet inside for 700 yen.less than 7 bucks.i got a duck jacket that was kind fucked but again 700 yen.both had tag and were made in usa.i cannot remember the last time i saw a carhartt or dickies jacket that was made in usa.when i was locked up i gave the duck jacket to a man going back to china.i was going back to hawaii so i figured i did not need it.i hope my friend still has my other jacket.Even if Shibuya/Harajuku looks like a hip hop town you can find the best old workwear if you take size large or bigger there is tons of stuff.for cheap stuff go to world famous shimikitazowa and spend all day going thru shops.everyone says Koenji but i never found anything there.there is so many places that have train patches but i think they made them.i found lots of KEY workwear.if you bring stuff most shops are self owned and only one worker is there so they will TRADE.

but the best pants are the SEARS workwear pants.same as dickies but half the price.the sears thermal underwear is the best.Name brands are normally better,but i take all patches,logos off.even my swimtrunks.kinda stupid to pay more for the brand then take off the brand but they are normally better made.but nowadays i steal from goodwill what i need.they get it free,i steal 1 pair of pants every 4 -5 months.if i get caught i think they will see the point.

Gypsy Smile

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just get some thick black strech jeans, and take the double knees off my retired pair of carhartts and sew them on my jeans, so I have triple knees, and just re-use them so on so forth... seems to hold up nicely for me.

Triple Knees.
thats.fucking.awesome.

Dromomania

Reaction score
I've tried the walmart Jesse James pants and the fabric seems like it would hold well but the pockets fall apart like tissue paper. Don't walk around with any thing like say, keys, in there or the pockets are gone.

Check out Kuhl pants, https://www.kuhl.com/products/Rebel-Pant.html , I bought my first pair of Kuhl rebels 2 months ago at REI, 70 bucks, expensive but half the price of Filsons. Went back just before heading out to the mountains in New Mexico for 2 weeks and bought 2 more pairs. crag canvas are good ones as well. They are 100% cotton canvas and have an articulated knee, that I think all pants should have. To date 3 months ,and 2 weeks in the hills, they've held strong.
I wear a 32 but, these fit loose, so I get the 30" and then they feel fitted and have good range of motion without having to tug up your pants to crouch.

P.s tumble dry "LOW" heat only, hang dry is what I do, or they'll come out all creased and real stiff.

AetherWeaver

Reaction score
Former mining town near the Front Range Sub in Col
Stay away from fashion jeans, especially womens fashion jeans... The weave is jeans-twill but the thread is about half the size of real jeans and they will wear out very quickly. I buy Kirkland jeans from Costco because they are super cheap ($13 new) and last forever under general labor use... Of course for longer wearing jeans, Dickies is the way to go.

Feral

Reaction score
I am also a fan of Dickies pants because they are cheap to purchase and they do last for a bit, although not as long as carhartts from my personal experience. There is a brand of clothing that I have just recently seen called Whals, or something along those lines and they have insulated bibs and nice jackets for like 50 bucks at the devil store Wallmart. I have not personally tried them or field tested them as of yet but they do seem to be sturdy and they seem warm if your traveling winter style.

sleep

Reaction score

SquatOrDie

Reaction score
Invest on some military BDU's(BattleDressUniform) or ACU's(ArmyCombatUniform)"Digital Camo"....BDU's come in all sorts of colors including black.ACU's only come in digital urban greyish but have better improved features than the BDU

Note:BDU's are more popular than ACU's and are commonly found in Woodland Camo in thrift stores.Both are durable but ACU's are more expensive and does not blend in well in most areas.only work well in urban and rocky terrain

dprogram

Reaction score
oh, i forgot, im a big fan of dickies. they're made in the usa, and cost like HALF the price of anything carhartt sells. they even sell double knee pants, just like carhartts.
Dickies all the way. I've got about 8 pairs and my first pair I bought at a thrift store and have had them for 20+ years.

dprogram

Reaction score
There's a reason they are called work pants. They don't stain at all and can always make you appear to be somewhat sane. lol

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I just paid for some dark brownish Carhartts, because they were the best fitting work pants at the only work clothing shop here. They're still pretty baggy, as it's basially impossible to find something like a 32x38. Is it pretty easy to sew such thick pants in with thread? Maybe double up on the floss or something?

Cole99v

Reaction score
Levi's work great, or the double front carhartt jeans are probably awesome, but theyre pretty damn expensive....This might sounds really lame... But the best pair I ever used were from aeropostle (I think thats how it's spelled) They were having some before school sale, and I got them for 13 dollars. Now I know they dont sound like they would be good because theyre from a hoity toity "fashion" store, but they lasted me a whole year on the road w/o another pair of pants, they just ripped actually, andI got new ones cause theyre doing that sale again. The thing I liked the most about them, was they feel awesome and they had some elastic material that made them stretchy, so even when I got nicks in them it didnt become a giant gaping hole.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads