bandana thing. | Page 5 | Squat the Planet

bandana thing.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
the keffiyeh scarf (as in arafat) is strongly linked with Palistenian resistance movements as far back as the 1930s so its kind of weird to me to see people wearing them for fashion, like a kid sporting an indian war bonnet or che guavara tshirts or whatever cultural appropriation . they do look nice
Yeah it is weird to see the hipsters wearing them now. Those fuckers destroy everything they touch. Back in my activist days I used to wear a black & white keffiyeh. I had got it from a fellow activist who had brought it back from Palestine. When I used
to wear it back then it would get me some nasty looks from right wingers and zionists. Now they've been drained of almost all they're symbolism my those cultural vampires. I just feel weird wearing one now :(

They are a practical item though, and because of their larger size and thickness they have some advantages over a bandanna.
For one they can be used either as a sling for an arm or a wrap for a swollen knee or ankle. Have used them for both.
Plus they work better than a bandanna for a towel.

I think I may pick up a light colored one and then bleach all the color out and then redye it a dull solid color, it would be
a good thing for my pack.

Nelco

Reaction score
i use mine to wipe my ass with..before i burn it

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Too much life to live reading this tired old shit about FTRA or ftra.
My 2 cents is that I fucking hate it when plp call there neck bandanna a "SKANK" If your a traveler weather steel of cement I will refer to it as a Hobotie.

Uncle Mom

Reaction score
Website
www.freedirtfilm.com
Too much life to live reading this tired old shit about FTRA or ftra.
My 2 cents is that I fucking hate it when plp call there neck bandanna a "SKANK" If your a traveler weather steel of cement I will refer to it as a Hobotie.

I agree. My bandanna is brown. I use it to keep sweat off my hands when I am playing music, tie my hair back, etc etc. I don't belong to any "crew" so to say.....I'm just me.

People seem to take a lot of things WAY WAY overboard with the seriousness, and everything starts looking black no matter what color it is.

urchin

Reaction score
I have a red bandana, a black one, and a red-and-white shemagh. Initially I had a blue and black one, aware of the symbolism, but I lost it in Eugene, Oregon. My uncle gave me the red and white one. He has tons of them since he runs a store focused on African and Arabic items.

Without a doubt the shemagh has to be one of the best things in my arsenal. When I did water runs in Mount Shasta I used it to help carry one of the many jugs of water I hauled. They are also great for keeping you warm or cooled and ID you as a traveler from a mile away.

NomadicHobo

Reaction score
i use the bandanna for when shits flying around everywhere on trains, for black blocs, and its amazing for wiping sweat off your face.

Bandannas have a million and one uses and everyone should carry one.

i almost got my ass kicked in montreal by some "Crip" cause my bandanna was black. guy walks up to me and is just like is that blue bandanna, ahaha I look down at it and look at him like hes crazy and Im like uhhhhh no. and he starts to go on about how hes a crip and bla bla hahaha. fuckin lamers.

Id be like "dude I cant understand you with that frog in your throat" bwahaha..
But that might not come to a peaceful conclusion.

No hate on french canadiens. Just a bad joke.
:)

Thor and Broomhilda

Dirty Kid king
Reaction score
bathing when you have the chance to bath is the best thing you can do. fending off infections is always a good idea. when i travel, the opp. doesn't really present itself but whenever i get the chance i'll shower daily.

being dirty for some 'f you" to society is fucking stupid. I have some level of self respect and I don't like smelling like pure shit or getting rashes and swamp ass because i'm trying to make some stupid point.

TAKE A FUCKING BATH. or go swimming. or just change your nasty clothes. something!
I carry tactical taint wipes just for that, I keep my balls and ass as fresh as possible, and my fest when I can. I don't care about the BO, but fuck Shitty ass smell. I shower when I can, but if I can't I at least use tactical taint wipes. (Not Alex Jones' fear wipes) but then again people except me into their homes and sh it to kick it. . . . . Longest I've gone without a shower was 2 months. . . Parents choice has wipes with shea butter or chamomile and shit

Reaction score
I carry tactical taint wipes just for that, I keep my balls and ass as fresh as possible, and my fest when I can. I don't care about the BO, but fuck Shitty ass smell. I shower when I can, but if I can't I at least use tactical taint wipes. (Not Alex Jones' fear wipes) but then again people except me into their homes and sh it to kick it. . . . . Longest I've gone without a shower was 2 months. . . Parents choice has wipes with shea butter or chamomile and shit

Longest I ever went without a real shower was easily a year, maby more ...
and on another note, what the fuck is a bandana, im sure I never wore one.. you can tell from my profile picture of course.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads