bandana thing.

J

jack ransom

I have rode trains before. I've gotten pretty dirty in my travels and living. alls I'm saying is that I go to a fucking laundromat. staying clean is as easy as getting free food. and bandannas have been around since way before trains. I dunno who the hell you think you're kidding. tell a cowboy, for god's sake, that train riders are the only legit bandanna wearers and he'll probably get a big kick out of that. how about your average innner city gangster? you should let them know that they have no right to be wearing a bandanna because hobos have a copyright on it. I'd pay money to see that.

and if you think a bandanna is going to keep you from getting fucked up in the tunnels, if you're that worried about it you might want to get one of those little surgeon mask things (a respirator). I've met people who travel with the full respirator, canisters and everything. I'm sure a bandanna helps, but I'm even more sure that thats the kind of shit a respirator is designed for.

next are you gonna to try and tell me that hobos are the only non-posers drinking MD 20/20 or something ridiculous like that?

and I think you're right about ftra still being around. FTRA is dwindling but still pretty legit. some are dangerous and some are just, well whatever. thats at least what I've picked up on from older riders. have you ever met 'em? got any dope stories?

J

jack ransom

soff said:
i usually shower at least once a week.. just because i hate being cold

(oh yeah by the way, hi im soff, i've been watching the forum for a while and finally got the courage to post and it's possibly the worst post ever, thanks for your time)

oh, and welcome to the boards soff. no need for courage, we're a bunch of callow motherfuckers!

D

dirtysmellykid

i wear my bandanas as to blow my nose/wipe sweat/ and in the winter to cover my nose/mouth for warthm... i got a green one in honor of my boyfriend (R.I.P danny boy), red, brown and a yellow one i dumpstered. Mainly ppl just give 'em to me idk why though. But they all come in handy. I think whole gang related thing with bandanas gets annoying ccoz if yer out wearin one some dude'll mistake u for ina gang or a cop will. its ridiculous.

FTRA....well i was right outside of frisco burkley/oakland area. i was about to hop out and an hour b4 my train came 3 of the fuckers approached me and my kids and invited us to a squat house and a half gallon. 2 where dudes one was a chick we went back to the house and on the first night of this escapade im not quite sure what happened but they chased this black kid named "rain" (stupid hippy shit) right through the ghetto with baseball bats it was pretty damn funny until. the chick decided she wanted my alice pack i wasn't gonna stand for it, she jumps up and states that no one fucks around with the FTRA we fought 4 like 2 hours back and forth taking shwills inbetween (still not quit sure how that worked). she ended up pulling a knife out to my neck. none of my so called 'kidz" did shit cuz they was to scared of the other two boys or somethin i got the bitch in a headlock she's trying to pull my hair and shit and i kept bashing her head into the floor. she agrees to give my shit back if i let go but not really the minute i let go (my dumbass mistake) she jumps on me and start bashing my face in luckily for me their was some dumpstered lasgnia next 2 me i grabbed the lasgnia smashed it in her face and jumped out the window without my shit.
some one wanted to know an FTRA (Fully Trashed Rascist Assholes) story well there you go. i personally don't wear a rag unless im riding it gives a mother fucker one more thing to grab onto when ur in a fight. but that's just me

skunkpit

Reaction score
ill usually bunch up cedar leaves on a bandana then tie it closed n wash my nut sack and groin region in a lake or what have you

syphilust

Reaction score
no,no,no. bandanas are for soaking in nutrients to stave off starvation later - because towels are just too cumbersome...

spud

Reaction score
ive always used mine as a scarf, dust mask, and if something that smells realy offensive as for clenlieness i bathe and wash as often as possible just not my bandana or my vest i just feel that filth can add character to certain things

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
ya the only times i've washed my bandana is if i've puked on it & it crusted, if i had a really bad cold and it's crusted with snot or if it smells like dead animals.
i've got a green one with spirlally clouds on it i've been sportin for a year & a half. it's been disinigrateing for a while now. i just sew it back together when it gets bad.

I

IBRRHOBO

not all FTRA are assholes. originated as Fuck The Regan Administration. Later got cannabalized into Freight Train Riders of America. u have several splinter groups here; Montana Brew Crew, Wrecking Crew, Goon Squad amongst others.

black is for the high line, blue for the mid line and red for the low (southern line).

widerstand is correct in his statement that the original 11 (sometimes called 13) were a motely crew. chester is one of the interesting ones.

a bit of FYI here:TRUE FTRA will don conchos. gold, bronze and copper. each color represents milage (documentable milage, too). additionally, to get 'ragged and tagged' is a long and complicated matter. most of the fucksticks today just call themselves ftra (lower case on purpose as i find these fucking pricks to be a menace and shouldn't fucking breathe!!!

i've riden w/most of the old timers and have only been in a handful of fights. bad apples there? yup, just as in all shit. HOWEVER, this is why some of my posts come off like an asshole when i stress to new riders to know who and what they're doing it with! old school riders will put a bullet in between ur eyes if u don't announce ur coming in camp or take the last drink of wine that u paid for. it's just how it is. right or wrong, those are the facts.

hope that cleared up a few matters. i ride IBRR these days.

spud

Reaction score
yea one of the nicest coolest most genuine people was wrecking crew i basicaly owe my life to him he helped me out a lot when i was in need and probably one of the most fun people ive ever met but thats just me

jabbyscabby

Reaction score
Bandannas have a million and one uses and everyone should carry one.

Totally agree, If i told you all the reasons why i use my bandanna it would take to long and i would loose interest in this topic.
Mine is black and white.

I have a friend who takes showers with his bandanna around his neck.. he will never take it off!

I also have a friend who keeps a bandanna tied to her bibs (it's soul purpose is for her piss) Piss Rag!

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I use a brown bandana folded into a headband and tied around my head to keep my hair from going into my eyes, tie it around my wrist to wipe the sweat off my brow, or use it to tie small stuff in a bundle. I also use it to wrap around my eyes at night so I can sleep past sunrise, and when it's dry I use it after a shower like a towel.

Actually, you can see the bandana in my avatar.

moe

Reaction score
i wore a bandana because alot of the other true anarchists were doing it and i wanted to be cool and feel accepted within a group of punks and blah blah blah! HAHA!

im kidding, i don't use it

but imagine, if hitler hadn't touched that swastika symbol, we'd all be wearing it, sewed on bags sweaters pants on t-shirts and all. it'd be very 'chic'.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads