Australia!!! Need some advice! | Squat the Planet

Australia!!! Need some advice!

dprogram

Reaction score
I have a friend in Australia (Melbourne) who wants me to visit and I'm from the US. Does anyone know of working on cruise lines to get there instead of paying for a flight? I know she can sponsor me should i decide to stay and get legal citizenship that way. Just looking for ideas and tips for employment once I get there. Thanks in advance!

makan kotoran

Reaction score
you could try crewing on yachts, in combination with hitching and train hopping across land masses, working your way down from Europe down through to South East Asia where you could find a yacht to crew on, or a flights from Indonesia to Perth for $80. For citizenship if you get married to an Australian and reside with them for 2 years you'll get ya aussie passport, then you can get Centrelink (welfare).
As for working.. seasonal fruit picking is pretty good, pays around $20 an hour.

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
Be warned mate, they're well racist down there and they get very, very indignant if you ever mention it.

dprogram

Reaction score
Racist towards whites or to emerikaans? She said it'd be cool. I thought there'd be some sort of deep seeded hatred towards me b/c Im emerikaan. I just want out of this country personally. She's a cool chick and we hold the same ideals. Can you get dual citizenship after you're married?

Reactions: Hannah Mckay

makan kotoran

Reaction score
Yeah, Australia is fucked up racist. but more jokingly towards whites. your never be as badly treated as the Indige mobs, or any other non-European ethnic minority get treated.
Yeah you can still hold your American passport after you get an Australian one.

Hannah Mckay

Reaction score
I have a friend in Australia (Melbourne) who wants me to visit and I'm from the US. Does anyone know of working on cruise lines to get there instead of paying for a flight? I know she can sponsor me should i decide to stay and get legal citizenship that way. Just looking for ideas and tips for employment once I get there. Thanks in advance!
Qantas flights are low in november. 800 to 1000. greenbacks. They are actually having a sale right now for 899.00 Aussie dollars which works out to about 600 american. Qantas has free food and drinks for the whole flight and doesn't charge for luggage on internationals.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads