Atlanta, GA

churl

Reaction score
Website
clamstalk.com
this is more or less just a heads up if anyone needs any info on atlanta. can provide yard info, catchout spots to wherever, shows, food not bombs location, possible a place to crash. all the kids are gone now, iago/rot was the last to leave, another nola casualty! haha but seriously, im grounded for a good while with rent and a female. ;)

jonahxx

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
wow i prob wont go there but my wife was there and i actually needed some info about that place but shes gone now, ill keep it in mynd

i can give u or anyone ifo about san francisco and new york

churl

Reaction score
Website
clamstalk.com
for shows and local events, Wonderroot (.org) 404.254.5955 982 MEMORIAL DR SE ATLANTA, GA 30316; this place is still kinda new and held together with some really awesome people.

SOPO bike co-op 465 C Flat Shoals Ave 30316 404-392-4597; a very awesome place to make friends and get a bike. it's located behind the shops that face the street, the days it's open there's a green sign put next to the road telling you to go down that ally. the area of flat shoals ave and glenwood ave is known as the "East Atlanta Village". this is where people in there 20's live/work/drink/eat

Food Not Bombs 4:30 till we run out of food wednesdays at the corner "park" of Moreland Ave and Euclid Ave; this is also the location of "little 5 points" it's more of a fashionable place to buy alternative clothes and whatnots these days. this is also the traditional place to sell art, busk, sit, get board and wonder where all the kids are. youre about 10+ years too late? but hey, it's close to the tracks. if you dont mind walking a mile, mile and a half, head south on moreland ave to reach wonderroot (take a right on memorial drive) and the east atlanta village (just over I-20, off moreland ave) hint hint

churl

Reaction score
Website
clamstalk.com
Food not bombs is now meeting in Hurt park on Edgewood Ave a few miles from Little 5 Points. Very close to 5 Points. We meet at 5:00pm and are really only around till about 6ish. Still on Wednesdays.
If you're planning on living in Atlanta without a car it kinda sucks, but if you're visiting, everything that you'd want to be around is within a 2-3 mile area. There are buses and trains if you wanna try to navigate that. Good neighborhood? I'd have to know what you're intentions are. Chill squatting, easy access to food, near young people and dumpster doughnuts, near trains, near a busk/spanging area.
Drinking: Genesee Cream Ale - Light lager recipe with an ale yeast.

mandapocalypse

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey! I'm going to be in Atlanta on the 16th. I'm joining up with the Skuds and Nuklear Blast Suntan in Minneapolis and joining them for a few dates on tour. (They are friends, totally awesome their helping me make my way south.)

Upon arrival I pretty much want to go straight to New Orleans, however, I'll never turn down an adventure! You going to be at the show on the 16th?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads