Armored boots, for that little bit of extra protection. Love your feet.

Reaction score
Materials needed:
Comfy boots.
Metal weight plates from curtain blinds, the ones with the metal bead chains attached to them.
Wrenches, or pliers, big enough for some leverage.

How to:
Grip the plates at the ends using the pliers, with the holes for the chains held vertically, and bend them a little less than a 45 degree angle, make as many as you need, spray paint them if you like, whatever.

Thread them up on your boots.

End result.

View attachment 24605

Reaction score
Actually, it's very light, and the little weight it does add, it strengthens your legs. I barely notice the weight addition, and I just took a bat to the lower leg and it barely hurt.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
im not sure i see the practicality of these, but they look neat! Not exactly my thing personally. i think the best way to protect yourself is not getting hit in the first place, but thats just me. they also seem like theyd be a nuisance in emergency swimming situations.

Reaction score
I suppose, but then again, I prefer, and mostly live, in the desert.. The idea came along when I was thinking of something I could do to my boots to keep from hurting myself when slipping in rocky sand, when climbing over ledges and rocks. I suppose the atmosphere will change how much mileage you'll get with something like this. In the end though, for the utility I found in it, it looked damn cool. Figured I'd share it:p

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads