Anywhere to city camp in Covina area? | Squat the Planet

Anywhere to city camp in Covina area?

thegrapsman

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in Covina (LA/SGV area) for the night and I can't find a spot to park overnight anywhere out here, I have to line up at the DMV at 5am so I really dont want to have to travel outside of Covina/West Covina.
Anyone know about this area?

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Coywolf and Barf

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Eastland Center

Try stealth parking somewhere in the back of the lot by a tree.

dprogram

Reaction score
Places like libraries may have a yellow "Safe Place" sign which I think makes it okay to stay there. I know I did at one in my area for waaaaaay too long. Never had a single problem. Many other car dwellers parked openly there daily too. Hope that helps. peace

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Places like libraries may have a yellow "Safe Place" sign which I think makes it okay to stay there.

That specifically is relating to dropping off newborn babies/small children that parents abandon. Also a place for victims of domestic violence to find shelter.

I wouldnt rely on that alone to make a place cool to camp. If anything, it means there will be more police presence than other places.

Reactions: thegrapsman

thegrapsman

Reaction score
Thanks all, but that area is just not friendly towards people sleeping in their vehicles. I ended up just finding a random street and uncomfortably sleeping UNDER my damn cot for 4 hours and left. Found a way better area to chill in, so if anybody is near Carlsbad area and wants 2 kick it hmu. I know like 2 ppl out here and would love to make some more friends around here.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads