Photos - anyone wear one of these? | Squat the Planet

Photos anyone wear one of these?

crow

Reaction score
External pockets are my thing. Without this lil baby, I tend to lose my shit.
Now some people just don't understand the simplicity of the Ass Satchel.
I love it and
wanna know your take on external ass-pockets. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170730_134138.jpg
    IMG_20170730_134138.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 356

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
For a while I was wearing these ammo pouches I bought at an army surplus store but they were pretty heavy so they kept pulling my belt down. :oops: I'm still looking for a better solution.
eZYYaC4.jpg

crow

Reaction score
Those are sick af :D
I carry many belt pouches which can be attached to my pack when not in use buy with the belt issue, just have an extra belt. It Will rest on your hood and the pants belt will keep them trousers up :)
I often have that problem with my kratom pouch but because of the metal, my scale, and 2oz, it has weight.
I use a Darth hiVader car seat belt.

Attachments

• IMG_20170730_141050.jpg
    IMG_20170730_141050.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 355

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
I got this gas mask bag for $3 surplus, and I use it for papers and notebooks you need easy access to. It straps sideways around your thigh and fits perfectly my map, moleskine, composition book, phrasebook, and camera. Doesn't pull your pants down, and doesn't look too tacticool.
Google 'drop leg pouch' for more examples.
FinnishGasMaskBagw.jpg

crow

Reaction score
Don't know anything about fashion but I've found them useful. Had one for years. Several types. Belt pouches, drop pouches, canteen rigs, armybsurplus, and even a -what I call- a leg holster. Really miss that one.

Definitely try making one your self! Not only will it be suited to your daily needs, It'll have a lot of value to you. :D

Reactions: scoutwilding
They're selling them for like $100 in some stores.. it's unreal. Yours is dope though, I dig it.

Don't know anything about fashion but I've found them useful. Had one for years. Several types. Belt pouches, drop pouches, canteen rigs, armybsurplus, and even a -what I call- a leg holster. Really miss that one.

Definitely try making one your self! Not only will it be suited to your daily needs, It'll have a lot of value to you. :D

crow

Reaction score
Thanks, had to keep it from ripping apart somehow. :)
100 you say..I need to get in on that! I
make/mod for fun, and relaxation.

Last edited:

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
I got this gas mask bag for $3 surplus, and I use it for papers and notebooks you need easy access to. It straps sideways around your thigh and fits perfectly my map, moleskine, composition book, phrasebook, and camera. Doesn't pull your pants down, and doesn't look too tacticool.
Google 'drop leg pouch' for more examples.
View attachment 38275

Finnish gas mask bag! I had one but gifted it to my dad. Right now I use a Serbian "rucksack," which is about the same size but comes with two straps that are detachable. You can rig it up like a normal backpack or as a satchel. I love it.

In one of the newer Star wars movies one to the characters uses one I saw. :p

Reactions: scoutwilding
D

Deleted member 20

I too have a gas mask bag that is versatile enough to carry a summer weight sleeping bag. I have also attached lightweight military butt packs to military/yuppie packs to do the same thing. I use a fanny pack on tour while working as a merchguy/roadie but that is to carry cash. I think it is redundant for me since my pack is everything. What ever super secret,valuable contents could also fit in pants/shorts/jacket pockets or the front pouch/pocket of your pack. I like to be as streamlined as possible while carrying what I need. I have not found a need or desire yet.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads