Anyone knows some good movies? | Squat the Planet

Anyone knows some good movies?

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Blaze is a fantastic movie about Blaze Foley, my friend Alynda plays his sister. It's pretty fantastic, that's her singing @ 1:42 into the trailer.

Valley Uprising is a pretty rad documentary on climbing.

Where the Day Takes You is a street kids kinda flick seems like not too many people have seen, that might interest you.

Reactions: JackSquat
D

Deleted member 24782

Blaze is a fantastic movie about Blaze Foley, my friend Alynda plays his sister. It's pretty fantastic, that's her singing @ 1:42 into the trailer.

Valley Uprising is a pretty rad documentary on climbing.

Where the Day Takes You is a street kids kinda flick seems like not too many people have seen, that might interest you.

OH man I just watched Where the DAy Takes You, i didn't REALLY like it, seems more of drug awareness campaign than a film, sad ending, sad all around, Will Smiths first film though! The wheelchair scene! but hey I think it inspired a lot of youth at that time to not fuck up their lives with heroin, I mean who wants to be thrown in a dumpster by their drug dealer? ) :

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah I think that one is mostly nostalgic for me, I first watched it when I was 16 just beginning to explore the world of squatting, drug culture, revisiting the idea of hopping on another freight train(did it when I was a little kid and got my ass beat for it) and just kinda exploring street life in general. It definitely isn't a great movie, there's a lot of corny shit intertwined and the soundtrack is fucking atrocious. It just takes me back to 92.

WanderLost

Reaction score
Need something to watch. Some hold travell, climbing or any kind of movie. What is your favorite?

I had no idea in what thread to post this in.
Face Off is a fun watch imo. Its about nic cage and john Travolta getting their faces surgically swapped. You really cant go wrong with Face Off lol.
Escape From LA is another one of my favorites too.

• Agree
Reactions: Barf

Lamentations

Reaction score
A Boy and His Dog and The Postman are good post-apocalyptic films (my favorite genre.)

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is a great film about a folk legend by surrealist artist Terry Gilliam (he directed Monty Python's Life of Bryan.) Another good film by him is Brazil, a dystopian surrealist piece about a guy who gets his air conditioning fixed for free by a terrorist.

You may have seen this one, but What We Do In the Shadows (the film) is a dark comedy about a group of vampires struggling to be cool and modern.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The Emperor of the North!! Watch it... you have no choice!

If your talking Nic Cage.... Gone in sixty seconds... of course and the one ... with james bond... alcatraz was it...? do a search ha...

And if your getting high... edward scissor hands... or the lord of the rings...

okay... good luck now.

::drinkingbuddy::

Reactions: Fimdridil

Fimdridil

Reaction score
A Boy and His Dog and The Postman are good post-apocalyptic films (my favorite genre.)

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is a great film about a folk legend by surrealist artist Terry Gilliam (he directed Monty Python's Life of Bryan.) Another good film by him is Brazil, a dystopian surrealist piece about a guy who gets his air conditioning fixed for free by a terrorist.

You may have seen this one, but What We Do In the Shadows (the film) is a dark comedy about a group of vampires struggling to be cool and modern.

The adventures of Baron Munchausen is probably the best one I've seen in a long time.I loved it dude. Will watch the other ones as well: Enough time haha. Thanks man!

Reactions: JackSquat

ali

Reaction score
I always enjoy Escape from LA as a light yet cynical take on the city, and America in general. It might be better if you watched Escape from New York first so you know the sort of cheesy action you're signing up for.

perapeteticSolitude

Reaction score
A Serbian film, august underground trilogy, lilo and stitch, kettle kadaver: a taste of blood, passion of the Christ, son of the mask, begotten, baseketball, monster, jacobs ladder, secret of nymh, dude, where’s my car?, the big comfy couch collection, Batman beyond, wedding train, that snuff clip where a dude gets point blanked with an anti aircraft gun and all that’s left are his boots, jumanji, whatever leprechaun where he goes to the hood and the one where he goes to space, any cheesy horror in the hood or space, criminals gone wild, the shitty film adaption of 1984, in decline volume one: it’s worse than you think, the bme pain olympics, hobo with a shotgun, your period and you, soul plane 2

Reaction score
Heathers... "cruelly hilarious dark comedy, which became one of the biggest cult classics of the '80s"

Parasite just came out a little while back and it rips. South Korean drama/comedy. "Greed, class discrimination, and a mysterious interloper threaten the newly formed symbiotic relationship between the wealthy Park family and the destitute Kim clan."

I read Hillbilly Elegy and the movie is almost as good :) "An urgent phone call pulls a Yale Law student back to his Ohio hometown, where he reflects on three generations of family history and his own future."

Parasite 2019 - on Hulu
Heathers 1989 - on Hulu
Hillbilly Elegy 2020 - on Netflix

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Snatch

Shit Beetle

Reaction score
Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but lookmovie.io is a good place to find practically anything. I check their new shit daily and there's always something new or obscure in the lineup.

Sameer

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of John Waters. Always good for a laugh! His movie Pink Flamingos is really funny.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads