Anyone knows some good movies? (1 Viewer)

JeroenSub

Lurker
Need something to watch. Some hold travell, climbing or any kind of movie. What is your favorite?

I had no idea in what thread to post this in.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Blaze is a fantastic movie about Blaze Foley, my friend Alynda plays his sister. It's pretty fantastic, that's her singing @ 1:42 into the trailer.

Valley Uprising is a pretty rad documentary on climbing.

Where the Day Takes You is a street kids kinda flick seems like not too many people have seen, that might interest you.

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Website
www.ebay.com
Blaze is a fantastic movie about Blaze Foley, my friend Alynda plays his sister. It's pretty fantastic, that's her singing @ 1:42 into the trailer.

Valley Uprising is a pretty rad documentary on climbing.

Where the Day Takes You is a street kids kinda flick seems like not too many people have seen, that might interest you.
OH man I just watched Where the DAy Takes You, i didn't REALLY like it, seems more of drug awareness campaign than a film, sad ending, sad all around, Will Smiths first film though! The wheelchair scene! but hey I think it inspired a lot of youth at that time to not fuck up their lives with heroin, I mean who wants to be thrown in a dumpster by their drug dealer? ) :

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Yeah I think that one is mostly nostalgic for me, I first watched it when I was 16 just beginning to explore the world of squatting, drug culture, revisiting the idea of hopping on another freight train(did it when I was a little kid and got my ass beat for it) and just kinda exploring street life in general. It definitely isn't a great movie, there's a lot of corny shit intertwined and the soundtrack is fucking atrocious. It just takes me back to 92.

WanderLost

Wanderer
Need something to watch. Some hold travell, climbing or any kind of movie. What is your favorite?

I had no idea in what thread to post this in.
Face Off is a fun watch imo. Its about nic cage and john Travolta getting their faces surgically swapped. You really cant go wrong with Face Off lol.
Escape From LA is another one of my favorites too.

Lamentations

A Boy and His Dog and The Postman are good post-apocalyptic films (my favorite genre.)

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is a great film about a folk legend by surrealist artist Terry Gilliam (he directed Monty Python's Life of Bryan.) Another good film by him is Brazil, a dystopian surrealist piece about a guy who gets his air conditioning fixed for free by a terrorist.

You may have seen this one, but What We Do In the Shadows (the film) is a dark comedy about a group of vampires struggling to be cool and modern.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Website
www.youtube.com
The Emperor of the North!! Watch it... you have no choice!

If your talking Nic Cage.... Gone in sixty seconds... of course and the one ... with james bond... alcatraz was it...? do a search ha...

And if your getting high... edward scissor hands... or the lord of the rings...

okay... good luck now.

::drinkingbuddy::

whfiv

You may have already seen it. But it's good and free!

OP
JeroenSub

JeroenSub

Lurker
A Boy and His Dog and The Postman are good post-apocalyptic films (my favorite genre.)

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is a great film about a folk legend by surrealist artist Terry Gilliam (he directed Monty Python's Life of Bryan.) Another good film by him is Brazil, a dystopian surrealist piece about a guy who gets his air conditioning fixed for free by a terrorist.

You may have seen this one, but What We Do In the Shadows (the film) is a dark comedy about a group of vampires struggling to be cool and modern.
The adventures of Baron Munchausen is probably the best one I've seen in a long time.I loved it dude. Will watch the other ones as well: Enough time haha. Thanks man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.