Anyone hear play/listen to Classical/Flamenco guitar music? Recommend me a song(s) | Squat the Planet

Anyone hear play/listen to Classical/Flamenco guitar music? Recommend me a song(s)

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Now, I understand a lot of travelers/hobos/tramps/what-have-you favor the punk/folk-punk/metal/bluegrass/jam band genres ---and I like/play a majority of those styles too. However, lately I've been getting more interested in classical guitar music (and some flamenco as well).

Sure, I love to play rowdy songs about drinking, traveling, trains, etc....but as a busker - I'm always looking to expand my repertoire. Sometimes (depending on the locale or audience) playing classical or other "softer" styles will suit the mood better. I've come to learn some crazy new fingerings/chords from playing classical/jazz that you just won't find in the typical I, IV, V progressions of a lot of bluegrass/punk/etc.

So can anyone recommend me some classical/flamenco guitar pieces to learn?

This is the last one I learned:

And these are the 2 main ones I've been working on next by J.S. Bach and Andres Segovia:

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini and Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm not talented enough to replicate those performnces.
But... it is nice to listen to them.

Last edited:

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Have you met the Master?

Rowdy jam bands; bluegrass, newgrass, alt-, etc......Culture being what it is, I can hardly stand around and offer critiques based on aesthetic tastes...BUT

I swear to you if I hear Wagon Wheel, Mustang Sally, The Thrill is Gone, or ANYTHING by Jimmy Buffett or Bob Marley ever again I'll f-in flip the F out.

Essentially, tourist towns attract a certain genre of ''party" atmosphere I'd prefer to never experience again. Music is not a whore to commodify and use to encourage greedy tourists to get drunk and spend money. It is a Muse, and as such should be respected as sacred.

On a lighter note, Albeniz is my favorite of all time...and I have been lucky enough to discover the Peruvian and Venezuelan traditions lately. :)

Last edited:

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Have you met the Master?

Rowdy jam bands; bluegrass, newgrass, alt-, etc......Culture being what it is, I can hardly stand around and offer critiques based on aesthetic tastes...BUT

I swear to you if I hear Wagon Wheel, Mustang Sally, The Thrill is Gone, or ANYTHING by Jimmy Buffett or Bob Marley ever again I'll f-in flip the F out.

Essentially, tourist towns attract a certain genre of ''party" atmosphere I'd prefer to never experience again. Music is not a whore to commodify and use to encourage greedy tourists to get drunk and spend money. It is a Muse, and as such should be respected as sacred.

On a lighter note, Albeniz is my favorite of all time...and I have been lucky enough to discover the Peruvian and Venezuelan traditions lately. :)

Thanks for sharing man! I've always wanted to learn Asturias but I need to grow out my fingernails and get a nylon string before I attempt that. It will probably frustrate me to all hell trying to learn it tho until I get it up to the speed it should be. I love the Peruvian/Venezuelan stuff you posted as well! Thank you

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Its actually good to learn a more professional set. Once upon a time I met an old hobo guy that would get work playing at fancy restaurants in upscale towns and make good money doing it.
I hear you there. I don't know if anyone has the same problem as me - but I have no problem playing on the street while hundreds of strangers walk by, but get me up on a stage and I start to choke. Something about having the spotlight on me, I don't like. Even playing at an open mic, I just can't do it. Something I need to work on I guess.

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Try this. I call it "Go-Go Juice".
1. 2 mg clonazepam
2. 2 ml lime syrup
3. Jigger Grenadine
4. 1 ml absinthe
5. MDA to taste.
6. 8 oz club soda
Now go to town!

• Sad
Reactions: iamwhatiam

Primitive

Reaction score
Ive been getting huge into flamenco lately, both listening and playing. Check out sabicas, and also flo 6x8 an anarchist group in spain that uses flamenco. Occupying banks with revolutionary song and dance and such.

Reactions: Aurum

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads