Anyone headed to Quartzsite?

Bedheadred

Reaction score
I'm making my way to Quartzsite, AZ for the gem and mineral show that starts in January. Just wondering if any of ya'll are headed that way? Would love to meet up with some people.

D

Deleted member 17306

I don't have an exact date for when I'll be leaving, but it would be ideal to hit Quartzsite for the show. I just missed it in 2015, got there early February but it was still amazing. There's plenty of gems to gawk over year round.

D

Deleted member 17306

If you're willing to get paid in rocks, you shouldn't have a problem finding work so long as you're there early enough.

If I had the cash, I'd pick up amethyst cathedrals. In Quartzsite I saw a lot of nice ones going for 700-1200 after the show. Then went to colorado where similar cathedrals were going for 5-10k

Reactions: Bedheadred

todd

Reaction score
If you like flea markets, you will LOVE Quartzsite

T

tacology

I've just found out about this recently.. I'm so intrigued and would love to make it out for the show. I just don't know if I'd make it as I do not have a departure date right now.

Bedheadred

Reaction score
I've just found out about this recently.. I'm so intrigued and would love to make it out for the show. I just don't know if I'd make it as I do not have a departure date right now.
I believe it does not start until the first of January.. and goes for 5 weeks? Hopefully enough time to make it!!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
If you like flea markets, you will LOVE Quartzsite

We have one or two stone/precious gem sales around here in different big buildings that are quite like a flea market set up. Have not been to one. Want too but I know I'd come home with stuff (love the stuff) with great intentions on doing something with it and don't want it to go the way of my other way cool endeavors. They have them this winter and will keep an eye out for them. Would love to go to that show though! And I thought I saw someone else talking about this earlier - I'll take a look.

<edit> - saw a few entries in 2009-2010 in the events section about this as this being a huge swap meet.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@Bedheadred are you coming through the slabs any time before or after?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads