any recomendations for cool places to visit?

black x thumb

Reaction score
I've been traveling on and off for the past five years now, been to almost every state, yet I haven't really been to many places that blow my mind. I like places like nola and oakland, where theres a solid squatting/anarchist scene, but id like to find places that arent so god damn pretentious. Im interested in checking out off the grid places, or even cities with solid scenes that do productive shit. Im tired of bouncing around to go to shows and get drunk. I wanna see cool spaces that people have created! Can anyone give any suggestions?

3rdEyeVision

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I've been traveling on and off for the past five years now, been to almost every state, yet I haven't really been to many places that blow my mind. I like places like nola and oakland, where theres a solid squatting/anarchist scene, but id like to find places that arent so god damn pretentious. Im interested in checking out off the grid places, or even cities with solid scenes that do productive shit. Im tired of bouncing around to go to shows and get drunk. I wanna see cool spaces that people have created! Can anyone give any suggestions?

Why are you only interested in places humans created? Why not what The Creator created? NATURE! Granted I haven't gone HOMELESS traveling yet, I've seen beautiful places in south dakota, Arizona, and Florida. I'm heading to Oregon, Cali and Washington state to check out all the old growth forests after the Montana Nationals you should do the same but certainly not in any specific order. Peace brah

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Hmmm, Iowa City, for a small city with interesting things going on. Northeastern TN / Eastern KY for an unusual "off the grid" kinda culture. Huntsville AL might also be up your alley if you've never been.

None of these places are really my favorites, but are all worth checking out if you've never been.

zephyr23

Reaction score
VT has a a good go back to the land scene. with a lot of cool above ground activism. like bread puppet there anarchist theater compony. also a lot of good farms for work tradde

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads