Anti civ life (1 Viewer)

CrowTheBard

Pilgrim
Current Location
Lopez Island
Stop long enough to earn cash.

If you ‘re willing to move to less populated, less popular areas, people sometimes do sales on a land contract, not using a bank. Essentially, they are financing the deal, this method is used in areas where real estate can be on the market for years unless sellers are willing to do this type sale. I bought property in Misery, er , Missouri this way. The thing is, you gotta go there, work steady for a few years so the locals grow to know and trust you, usually.

Lots of people seem to have this same dream, but from what I see here, not a lot of alternative travelers here on StP are willing or able to bite the bullet to do what's necessary. Pity.
While this has essentially been my strategy to accomplish big financial pushes in my life, one must acknowledge the frustrating absurdity of having to fully embrace a system and a forced mode of living to (hopefully) successfully leave said systems. It’s not just about a lack of work ethic nor any other sweeping generalization of certain people. The deck really is stacked against people.

While it’s true that one can indeed put one’s “nose to the grindstone” that isn’t a reality for everyone. If one has a past felony, a lack of a drivers license, bad credit, poor renting history, a substance addiction, parasitic family, etc, one’s chances of succeeding, especially in a time frame this side of dead, or at least, dead inside, are considerably lower.

It shouldn’t be this hard to drop out and exist like the Earlings we all are. We’re from this planet. We have a right to make a living here that doesn’t depend on the taking part in “civilization.” But the fact is, for s large majority of us, that is practically impossible if not literally.

Just somtin’ ta chew on
There’s always a sacrifice to be paid, if you want something bad enough.

Earn your money while young, kick back later. Might be harder to establish yourself when you’re older
Aweful, terrible, backwards advice. LIVE while you’re young. You don’t know if you’ll make it to being older. If you do, deal with it then. In the meantime, actually, like, be present in the future.
Life=/=finical security. That’s a laughable concept at best, and straight up magical thinking the rest of the time.
The only certainty is that you’re fucking dying. Right now. You’re more dead now than a second ago...and more dead...and more dead...and on and on. Each second is one that will never be returned to you. The combined wealth of the entire planet couldn’t buy back a single second of time for a single person...it’s time that is the most valuable. And the youth to enjoy it with. Work and dronery and the cultural and ideological systems that make them seem like reasonable concepts become increasingly hilarious the further you put them into the rear view mirror.

My .02 coin of the real
(For the little they’re worth me’lord)

Cheers,
Crow

P.s. none of that is meant to be personal attacks. I’m attacking a view point/ideology/concept and not the folks whom expunged them. I hope that distinction is clear enough. I respect ya’ll for voicing your ideas, even the ones I strongly object to.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Faceplant

Mmmm . . . Taste the Ballast!
StP Supporter
Current Location
Boulder Creek Ca
While this has essentially been my strategy to accomplish big financial pushes in my life, one must acknowledge the frustrating absurdity of having to fully embrace a system and a forced mode of living to (hopefully) successfully leave said systems. It’s not just about a lack of work ethic nor any other sweeping generalization of certain people. The deck really is stacked against people.

While it’s true that one can indeed put one’s “nose to the grindstone” that isn’t a reality for everyone. If one has a past felony, a lack of a drivers license, bad credit, poor renting history, a substance addiction, parasitic family, etc, one’s chances of succeeding, especially in a time frame this side of dead, or at least, dead inside, are considerably lower.

It shouldn’t be this hard to drop out and exist like the Earlings we all are. We’re from this planet. We have a right to make a living here that doesn’t depend on the taking part in “civilization.” But the fact is, for s large majority of us, that is practically impossible if not literally.

Just somtin’ ta chew on

Aweful, terrible, backwards advice. LIVE while you’re young. You don’t know if you’ll make it to being older. If you do, deal with it then. In the meantime, actually, like, be present in the future.
Life=/=finical security. That’s a laughable concept at best, and straight up magical thinking the rest of the time.
The only certainty is that you’re fucking dying. Right now. You’re more dead now than a second ago...and more dead...and more dead...and on and on. Each second is one that will never be returned to you. The combined wealth of the entire planet couldn’t buy back a single second of time for a single person...it’s time that is the most valuable. And the youth to enjoy it with. Work and dronery and the cultural and ideological systems that make them seem like reasonable concepts become increasingly hilarious the further you put them into the rear view mirror.

My .02 coin of the real
(For the little they’re worth me’lord)

Cheers,
Crow

P.s. none of that is meant to be personal attacks. I’m attacking a view point/ideology/concept and not the folks whom expunged them. I hope that distinction is clear enough. I respect ya’ll for voicing your ideas, even the ones I strongly object to.
Well, no offense taken. But you do gotta realize, the overwhelming majority of people the world over, accept this tenet, that the world owes them nothing, and if they want anything, they can have it -as long as they are willing to work for it.

Current Location
Los Angeles
If anything, it's easier to travel while younger. People suspect you less and pity you more. I'm saying this from personal experience. You also have more zest for all the crap you'll be eating from people and life.

Just be a bit balanced. I wish I had worked even a bit more in my 20s, for money, experience, and connections.

coltsfoot

Current Location
downeast maine
Hey there, I'm mostly based in downeast Maine slowly doing similar things. Learning ancient skills, rewilding my mind, connecting to spirit, living in community. Are you near Arthur Haines? Best botanist in New England and has a land project somewhere in western Maine. Daniel Vitalis is closer to Portland I think but had a podcast about rewilding. Both of those two guys seem to be a little dimwitted when it comes to gender/privelage stuff but they otherwise seem pretty cool and are doing rad shit. Room for growth i guess. There's the Wildwood path based out of Unity or somewhere near there. And of course the Maine primitive skills school. Both have pretty related and somewhat intertwined communities surrounding them but pretty different approaches.

You may already know about all these folks but I figured id throw it out there just in case. I'm always super excited to hear about other people on this path. Maybe we'll run into each other some time.

OP
paiche

paiche

Current Location
Western Maine
Hi Coltsfoot! We know the Wilder Waters folks and I highly recommend Arthur's book, A New Path. I love finding other folks around the area making the lifestyle changes that will help us with a smooth landing.

OP
paiche

paiche

Current Location
Western Maine
Anti-Civ to owning land in less than a page. Dang

We must imagine sisyphus fapping
I think I understand your point and I do agree that there is something inherently wrong with land ownership. There is no way to grow healthy and learn the old ways without a place to set your roots. Someday the world I want to help imagine and create is one where ownership and money are obsolete. Until then what are we to do? We need to raise children and learn so many skills that we've lost. The more badass brave warriors of the earth who own land the further we get to that goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

I can busk on the way, I usually let people staple their money to me with a staple gun, spit fire or perform other masochistic acts for money.
The guide told me to type my interests and shit here, help people get to know me, I made this so i could get help catching a Freight Train to Seattle and get there by the 20th of December, 2019, never hopped a train before, thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I'm tryna get to more punk shows. Actually pretty straight edge, keep my habits to shows and campfires.
lmfao!!! im figuring this desktop thing out way slow... totally different than a mobile. this site makes way more sens to navigate on a desk top... had no clue this was going to pop up on the main lmfao!!!! it does!!! always wonderd why ppl seen my shit that didnt fallow me!!!! im getting it... slowly...
anybody ride form grand junction co to slc lately? whats the ride like rn?
A Jack-of-all-trades, and a master at being MEDIOCRE
gkyuguhilhhjkbkjgyvhgcdtrs56t7y89u0ipklnbhrtyujnutrefr7yjnkihw tov hhtol
roughdraft wrote on Hobo richard's profile.
nice to have you, welcome to the forum
Matt Derrick wrote on BlowUpTrains's profile.
Hey man, where ya been?
BirdDaddy wrote on deazystreet's profile.
whats up brother!!!! good to see your face on here!!!