Anti civ life | Squat the Planet

Anti civ life

paiche

Reaction score
I'm trying to set an example in my community of living off the land and society's wastes. No electricity or green tech. I'm still stuck with a car and a phone so that I don't become a hermit. I'm so comfortable with this lifestyle and it's so enriching and rewarding. I've only found 3 folks who would even consider living this way. Are there any of you out there? Who like to cut out the noise and the b.s. and just split wood, hunt and wildharvest, score what you need at the dump, just be part of the ecosystem? It'd be nice to know of others who thrive this way.

themoonisabuoy

Reaction score
I'm trying to set an example in my community of living off the land and society's wastes. No electricity or green tech. I'm still stuck with a car and a phone so that I don't become a hermit. I'm so comfortable with this lifestyle and it's so enriching and rewarding. I've only found 3 folks who would even consider living this way. Are there any of you out there? Who like to cut out the noise and the b.s. and just split wood, hunt and wildharvest, score what you need at the dump, just be part of the ecosystem? It'd be nice to know of others who thrive this way.
homesteading is the dream

Reactions: Dirty fuck 666

themoonisabuoy

Reaction score
i lived in an rv camper for awhile,was growing zinnia elegans and selling them at the farmers market..also was raising harlequin rex rabbits for dog food,fur,etc,. i tried to set up a lil ecosystem but the city began to ticket me for collecting rainwater and other petty things like not having a lid on my compost,etc, and i was having issues with theft so i kinda just quit. Theres strength in numbers,for sure.

Reactions: EJO and paiche

themoonisabuoy

Reaction score
Getting ticketed for collecting rainwater? Jeesh, they'll do anything to make the simple life hard.
most definitely. i do more for the collective now, i hiked through the appalachian trail in NJ and planted a bunch of different seeds everywhere. i was trying to find a squat off the trail somewhere to hut but abandoned the idea. Ive been seeking uninhabited areas to do such things but havent had much luck

• Love It
Reactions: EJO and paiche
D

Deleted member 23824

most definitely. i do more for the collective now, i hiked through the appalachian trail in NJ and planted a bunch of different seeds everywhere. i was trying to find a squat off the trail somewhere to hut but abandoned the idea. Ive been seeking uninhabited areas to do such things but havent had much luck
No offense, but randomly planting seeds, if you aren’t really familiar with them, can cause problems. They may be invasive, out competing native species, and it might be illegal to introduce them.

I was a master gardener, one of the volunteer things we did was to yearly go into all the local nursery's, and survey them to see if they were selling plants listed on “invasive/non-native” lists.

Then we would murder them.

Well, maybe not. We actually had no contact with workers/owners, survey only. But man, I wanted to.

themoonisabuoy

Reaction score
No offense, but randomly planting seeds, if you aren’t really familiar with them, can cause problems. They may be invasive, out competing native species, and it might be illegal to introduce them.

I was a master gardener, one of the volunteer things we did was to yearly go into all the local nursery's, and survey them to see if they were selling plants listed on “invasive/non-native” lists.

Then we would murder them.

Well, maybe not. We actually had no contact with workers/owners, survey only. But man, I wanted to.
i agree with you, i did my research. No worries,no damage was done.

Reactions: roughdraft
D

Deleted member 25986

I've been trying to thrive this way... Only to fail each and every damn time for various reasons... Along with people not treating me right and having a severe piss poor understanding and no acceptance of who I am as a person.

paiche

Reaction score
I've been trying to thrive this way... Only to fail each and every damn time for various reasons... Along with people not treating me right and having a severe piss poor understanding and no acceptance of who I am as a person.
Fuck balls man. Gotta get a piece of your own land, do it the way you want. I'm in my early 40s man, Been wanting this all my life, so many years went by not being able to work it out. Just made it work eventually. Intention and gratefulness, there's something to say for it.

Reactions: EJO
D

Deleted member 25986

Fuck balls man. Gotta get a piece of your own land, do it the way you want. I'm in my early 40s man, Been wanting this all my life, so many years went by not being able to work it out. Just made it work eventually. Intention and gratefulness, there's something to say for it.
Yeah... That's what I've been told to do. Get my own land and all that... Too bad I'm dirt poor and other shit that I've been dealing with. I've been wanting to live as simple as best as you can in this day and age for a long time now. I just feel that I'm wasting away with the years passing and I really don't want to do this alone anymore. It's not worth it... Been alone for far too long. Just want to find similar minded people who have similar interests that I do.

CrowTheBard

Reaction score
I do this, except from the platform of a sailboat. A little floating island of my own. Plugging myself into the local community has opened up shared garden space and labor exchange for food, goods, and services. I still need to work for cash on occasion, but I’m more “retired” than most folks whom actually consider themselves such! There’s good lifestyles left out there. But most require the self confidence to truly disengage from the judgments of wider society.

Cheers,
Crow

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
I would love to homestead and be relatively self sufficient. Just not sure how to go about acquiring land with no solid income

D

Deleted member 23824

I would love to homestead and be relatively self sufficient. Just not sure how to go about acquiring land with no solid income

Stop long enough to earn cash.

If you ‘re willing to move to less populated, less popular areas, people sometimes do sales on a land contract, not using a bank. Essentially, they are financing the deal, this method is used in areas where real estate can be on the market for years unless sellers are willing to do this type sale. I bought property in Misery, er , Missouri this way. The thing is, you gotta go there, work steady for a few years so the locals grow to know and trust you, usually.

Lots of people seem to have this same dream, but from what I see here, not a lot of alternative travelers here on StP are willing or able to bite the bullet to do what's necessary. Pity.

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
Im still young and would rather stay on the road at least a few years but definitely the long term plan is to acquire some land. Not sure if I want to stay here in NZ or emigrate yet.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads