Anarchy is actually far right | Page 4 | Squat the Planet

Anarchy is actually far right

D

Deleted member 24782

Cause baby, I'm an anarchist and you're a spineless liberal
We marched together for the eight-hour day and held hands in the streets of Seattle
But when it came time to throw bricks through that Starbucks window
You left me all alone, all alone

• Love It
Reactions: Coywolf

Maxnomad

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Great song, but liberalism in the states is a political system based on the historical appropriation of the commons by the wealthy, and the subsequent imposition of a "social contract" i.e. if you participate in a society youre obligated to follow the rules, or leave. Two ideas underpinned this logic, number one being the so called "tragedy of the commons", the classic example being one asshole farmer overgrazing the literal boston commons. Historically however, this never happened. The enclosure of the commons in england was perpetrated in england by edward th 4th or 5th, basically just to give land to the church or to his faves. The practice was extended in the states, despite the pilgrims fleeing monarchy, by john locke solely on the basis of this logical excercise. However logic is an insidious thing; it asserts itself. See your own damn squats as an example of a contemporary "tragedy of the commons".

The second pillar supporting the logic of the social contract was the idea that there was limitless land available for free to anyone with the gumption to go west. This, of course, was simply genocide. See the writings of silvia federicci and others in the midnight oil collective for more on the subject of enclosure and incorporation of previously autonomous subjects into capital. Consider the situationist scrawl "theres a cop in your head comrade. Kill him!" If you dont understand my assertion that most of us have never seen a thoroughly healthy community, or your local walmart, or the several recent shitshows threads on this very forum

I swear, why are y'all so damn terrified of catching an education?

Maxnomad

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Lol my jumping off point was supposed to be that spinelessness isnt exclusively associated w liberalism. Guess i got a little caught up in the moment

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads