Allow me to reintroduce myself.

baracudaboy

Reaction score
Sorry for wall of text, but I want to introduce myself right. :)

Hello, no one probably remembers me but I was the cocky d-bag who thought she was a skinhead and was making retarded life choices. I'm here to say hello again as someone not affiliated with that subculture anymore and affiliated with...no one? Just me being me and getting by that way because thats how I;m sure its actually supposed to be done.

My name is Madeline, I'm 20 years old and I would like to have new experiences and get to know you all. I've struggled for 3 years in Humboldt County trying to keep a job, scrape enough money together so I can get a place, and then eventually move somewhere more populated and exciting. I'm starting to realize that I'm wasting my life. It been three years of this and I have nothing to show for it. I still live with relatives, I still have all this cozy lazy security around me. I just lost my job and I can honestly say that it wasn't a fluke, it needed to happen because I need to change what I'm doing with my life. I've been trying to obtain what everyone else has without thinking if its really what is best for me personally. I mean, yeah sure, if I try really hard I can scrape enough money together to go live somewhere else so I can work and scrape together money to live THERE, but is that really what I want? no, I've lived my life letting others guide me, I need to thrust myself out there and see the world, get smart quick and learn how to survive as a human being, not a machine.
I mean, I've never really wanted much to begin with, a steady job, a small apartment to live in, maybe even a car, but whats most important to me in life is friends, family, and the good times I have with them. As long as I have people around me that I can care about and care about me, I think home can be where ever you hang up your shoes to dry.
So I'm ready to start thinking about leaving Humboldt. I'll be honest and say I've never been out on my own before but having grown up a latch key kid I know I can be alone for long periods of time without setting myself on fire or getting tangled in a ball of yarn. haha.

Umm, so yeah, thats me, I'm not trying to be anything I'm not this time (god Im a dumbass sometimes folks), just a chick who needs to take a chance, change the direction of her life, sell all the material shit I've been collecting like a bag lady and grow my ass up, cause I sure ain't doing it here.
If you want to know a good reference that I'm not a creeper, my friend Jahducky can tell you I'm pretty chillio and not a threat to myself or others, haha.
anyway, I'l leave it at that. I want to meet people, make some new friends, learn the ropes and jump out of the starting gate and NOT fall over my own feet in the process.

Hiya.

baracudaboy

Reaction score
aewsome man
welcome to StP!
im excited for you to be free
learning to be human not a robot
good luck

Thanks yeah, I've been going about it all wrong, collecting tons of shit I'll never use, being a materialistic asshole and trying to fit into a 9 to 8 job just so I can move my useless shit somewhere else with me. I need to start living and experiencing, not collecting shit that I'll never use or need and trying to fit in with the rest of the consumerists.

JahDucky

Reaction score
Im so excited that you are finally getting out girlie. You will learn so much about yourself, I promise.

If anyone wants a down chick to hang with check this girl out. The best times I had in Humby were with this lady right here.

xbocax

Reaction score
funtimes finding yourself and kudos. I might be transferring up to humboldt next year. If your still in the area maybe you could show me round.

baracudaboy

Reaction score
funtimes finding yourself and kudos. I might be transferring up to humboldt next year. If your still in the area maybe you could show me round.
thanks, its about time i get my ass in gear and do some traveling.

Humboldt is a really nice place to come visit, chill people, really beautiful scenery, thriving culture, farmers market, other little festivals and a real home grown feel to it that makes you feel comfy really quickly. If I was from any where else I'd settle down here in a second.
though having grown up here its a little stale for me, time to untie myself from the dock and drift out to sea.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads