2018 Jamboree - 2018 Dirty Scouts Jamboree Main Discussion | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

2018 Jamboree 2018 Dirty Scouts Jamboree Main Discussion

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2018 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22054

I was thinking 10 or 20 jars of vegemite would be enough. That way thered be plenty available for those who'd like to enter the vegemite eating contest. And a few spare. One jar would be donated to the slab city library so people could try some vegemite on toast or have a vegemite sandwich during the jamboree. Any remaining jars could be auctioned off to anybody who finds they like it (vegemite keeps really well and would suit traveling) with the proceeds going to STP.

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
my sudden lack of obligation to work makes me think I might be able to make it this year guys! I’m going to be spending my free time and extra money on getting my bus travel ready I feel like I could accommodate carrying supplies in and trash out . Not making any promises but I’m definitely going to try this year, ima try hard. Really super want to meet a lot of you !

D

Deleted member 20975

As usual, were going to need folks to help haul out trash, keep the kitchen tidy and pick up in general. Everyone can help with keeping watch over the space and looking out for each other in the desert heat.
If i make it i will be there for tear down/clean up but not so much set up stuff. Like all my camping type excursions i believe in the philosophy of leaving a site cleaner than you found it (minus fucked up holes that someones gonna pay to demolish anyway). Im guessing burn what you can, recycle what you can hopefully?

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
As usual, were going to need folks to help haul out trash, keep the kitchen tidy and pick up in general. Everyone can help with keeping watch over the space and looking out for each other in the desert heat.
Still sore I couldn't make the last one, but without a doubt this year.
Had a blast throwing down wherever needed. Made some amazing connections. I'm planning on spending at least a week, which could include setup and breakdown.
I know you're off to other things now, @Cornelius Vango, but I hope you'll be there. Will never forget the entire building rumbling when you had to hit the punching bag.

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
Probably needs to be said before peeps show up, the library is fine for camping at during the jambo usually, but anyone who intends to stay longer than party days needs to talk to the folks running the library about camping situations. We’ve had problems with people trying to stay longer than they’re welcome thinking it’s an ongoing party. So just make sure to talk to @VikingAdventurer or @Cornelius Vango if you might want to stick around.

pallaway

Reaction score
Probably needs to be said before peeps show up, the library is fine for camping at during the jambo usually, but anyone who intends to stay longer than party days needs to talk to the folks running the library about camping situations. We’ve had problems with people trying to stay longer than they’re welcome thinking it’s an ongoing party. So just make sure to talk to @VikingAdventurer or @Cornelius Vango if you might want to stick around.

What about arriving early? If I have aa destination I always like to leave early because shit happens and I get sidetracked and all that. Could always stay in the city or camp around if anything. Just never been to the slabs.

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
What about arriving early? If I have aa destination I always like to leave early because shit happens and I get sidetracked and all that. Could always stay in the city or camp around if anything. Just never been to the slabs.
Last year we started camping at the library for the jambo i think between 3-5 days before the jambo. When camping begins is up to @VikingAdventurer or @Cornelius Vango

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions: Cornelius Vango

phantomcat

Reaction score
I am 100% down to perform some music, mine of which is genre-less but if I have to use my words kinda more of the grunge/stoner rock/old school emo vibe. It would also be cool to do a whole open jam session/open mic situation and I would totally b down to help host/organize.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I will sure as shit be at this, it'll be the perfect to mark the start of my travels! I really want there to be an open mic and instrument night so I take part with the guitar, also I might want to do a small workshop on making natural rope and cordage, but I'll post seperetaly for that

sounds awesome, i will definitely be out there as well, im really looking forward to it!

Shaka

That One Guy
Reaction score
Awwwwww yea. Im 79% sure i will be out there. I didnt know yall did a camp deal during the jambo. Could i attach my tarp to the side of the library?

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
Awwwwww yea. Im 79% sure i will be out there. I didnt know yall did a camp deal during the jambo. Could i attach my tarp to the side of the library?

No. But you can set up in a nearby bush or designated campsite.

Reactions: Shaka
Reaction score
So this will be my first time going to the jamboree and was wondering if it costs anything to attend. And my bad if this isn't the right place for this post (this site doesnt work well on my phone) but I'd be more than happy to put in some volunteer work and I'd be stoked if i could play some of my campfire punkrock songs for everyone.

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
So this will be my first time going to the jamboree and was wondering if it costs anything to attend. And my bad if this isn't the right place for this post (this site doesnt work well on my phone) but I'd be more than happy to put in some volunteer work and I'd be stoked if i could play some of my campfire punkrock songs for everyone.

It doesn't cost anything to attend, although if you want to bring some party supplies to share like beverages or food or whatever else you think might be fun to bring, that's always good etiquette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads