2018 Dirty Scouts Jamboree Main Discussion

D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
I was thinking 10 or 20 jars of vegemite would be enough. That way thered be plenty available for those who'd like to enter the vegemite eating contest. And a few spare. One jar would be donated to the slab city library so people could try some vegemite on toast or have a vegemite sandwich during the jamboree. Any remaining jars could be auctioned off to anybody who finds they like it (vegemite keeps really well and would suit traveling) with the proceeds going to STP.

ROADFLOWER

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Current Location
Fairfield Idaho
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
my sudden lack of obligation to work makes me think I might be able to make it this year guys! I’m going to be spending my free time and extra money on getting my bus travel ready I feel like I could accommodate carrying supplies in and trash out . Not making any promises but I’m definitely going to try this year, ima try hard. Really super want to meet a lot of you !

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
As usual, were going to need folks to help haul out trash, keep the kitchen tidy and pick up in general. Everyone can help with keeping watch over the space and looking out for each other in the desert heat.
If i make it i will be there for tear down/clean up but not so much set up stuff. Like all my camping type excursions i believe in the philosophy of leaving a site cleaner than you found it (minus fucked up holes that someones gonna pay to demolish anyway). Im guessing burn what you can, recycle what you can hopefully?

Snorting Nitrons

Relatively safe but kinda gross
StP Supporter
Current Location
Portland, OR
Reactions
98% 1% 1%
As usual, were going to need folks to help haul out trash, keep the kitchen tidy and pick up in general. Everyone can help with keeping watch over the space and looking out for each other in the desert heat.
Still sore I couldn't make the last one, but without a doubt this year.
Had a blast throwing down wherever needed. Made some amazing connections. I'm planning on spending at least a week, which could include setup and breakdown.
I know you're off to other things now, @Cornelius Vango, but I hope you'll be there. Will never forget the entire building rumbling when you had to hit the punching bag.

Current Location
Saco, MN
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
Probably needs to be said before peeps show up, the library is fine for camping at during the jambo usually, but anyone who intends to stay longer than party days needs to talk to the folks running the library about camping situations. We’ve had problems with people trying to stay longer than they’re welcome thinking it’s an ongoing party. So just make sure to talk to @VikingAdventurer or @Cornelius Vango if you might want to stick around.

Current Location
Memphis
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Probably needs to be said before peeps show up, the library is fine for camping at during the jambo usually, but anyone who intends to stay longer than party days needs to talk to the folks running the library about camping situations. We’ve had problems with people trying to stay longer than they’re welcome thinking it’s an ongoing party. So just make sure to talk to @VikingAdventurer or @Cornelius Vango if you might want to stick around.

What about arriving early? If I have aa destination I always like to leave early because shit happens and I get sidetracked and all that. Could always stay in the city or camp around if anything. Just never been to the slabs.

Current Location
Saco, MN
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
What about arriving early? If I have aa destination I always like to leave early because shit happens and I get sidetracked and all that. Could always stay in the city or camp around if anything. Just never been to the slabs.
Last year we started camping at the library for the jambo i think between 3-5 days before the jambo. When camping begins is up to @VikingAdventurer or @Cornelius Vango

Current Location
Nowhere
Reactions
94% 0% 6%
Is there a date set for this yet? I hope to make it this year finally.

Eng J Ryan

Uncivilized Bachelor Daddy
Staff member
Current Location
666 E. Home Ave. Fresno, Ca. 93728
Reactions
99% 1% 1%
Current Location
SF
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I am 100% down to perform some music, mine of which is genre-less but if I have to use my words kinda more of the grunge/stoner rock/old school emo vibe. It would also be cool to do a whole open jam session/open mic situation and I would totally b down to help host/organize.

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Forum Moderator
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Depends on how early among other things, but you're free to show up and we can feel it out.

I second this. I'm actually working on having plenty of space available for people to camp this year.