Year around Community in Slab City

Status
Not open for further replies.

dprogram

Reaction score
hopefully soon, waiting for the guy to take out the motor and then he will tow it over here
Awesome! I 'm glad things are going well. Since I read the post about vandwelling you linked to I've convinced myself I'm going to sell my bimmer and get a van. I just need to find a decent cargo van and some batteries.

K

katbastard

i tookthis picture this morning from the roof of the guest house.
sgdf.jpg

dprogram

Reaction score
Hey Kat. Is there any way to grow food out there? It looks so desolate.... Raised beds maybe? Livestock?

acrata4ever

Reaction score
keeping Private food is not douchy, my diet is kinda fucked also, i had my gallbladder removed last nov. working on getting a wing nut check myself. the canal is only used for dog water and cleaning so far. i will be looking in to getting a filter system some time in the future. people do drink it, i just have not got to that point yet. and i dont know about drinking water from the hot spring. i smoke, but i dont drink, well some times might have a cold beer is its the only thing cold around. and i am hella easy going as long as there is no drama. look forward to working with you.

have you heard of dew harvesting? you can turn any dirty water aside from antifreeze polluted water into drinking water. even pee.

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey Kat. Is there any way to grow food out there? It looks so desolate.... Raised beds maybe? Livestock?
i dont know to much about his lil slice of heaven out there but i do believe hes doing a humanure thing. that shit is wahat i call recycleing hahah

K

katbastard

So The Bastard (A)state will be moving again on to the out skirts of East Jesus. Making our Slab City Community that much better by working together and sharing resources. Any one who can help with the move which will be happening in a few weeks will be treated with beer and food. douche bags need not apply.

MrClean4Ever

Reaction score
Just made an account to post here.. I'm actually headed that way to ATTEMPT to live year round. After calculating the budget, it'd be just as cheap to just buy a generator and run an AC in my truck camper than it would be to hop RV parks and campgrounds.. Should be out there in 3 weeks to a month. Definately could use some contacts in a place I'm not familiar with. I can also try and help out with what I can if we hit it off well, once these muscle spasms fuck off (had a nasty bout with painkillers, almost withdrawn from those little demons. Never.. again.. Fuck those things, drugs suck, to me anyway.. If anyone else wants to do that shit, that's cool. I'll stick to weed and the occasional light drink, haha.) The girlfriend's coming along too, she could probably be of some help along with some of the other girls around the place. Warning though, she's tiny and not very strong.

On the topic of the slabs, how hot does it get in july and august? I hear people sayin 120 but it can't be like that every day.. I can imagine it being that hot if it's a scorcher.. Has to average out at about 105, 110, right? Haha.. Somethin tells me I'm in for a surprise.. Anyway, I wont have internet for much longer (a month maybe, max) so if we're welcome to drop in and you have a phone, hit me up with a private message and we can exchange numbers. Otherwise, I'm just gonna have to find you out there without communication. I know what you look like so if worse comes to worse, I'll just look for the tattoo's on your face at the range on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads