winter traveler

fernfern

Reaction score
i'm from maine originally, traveling around california and the southwest this winter. looking for meetups, advice on stealth camping and gear. mostly gonna be on bike with a little hitch hiking/ride share.

spend most of my time drawing, reading, running, biking, trying to travel and meet other radical folks. i lived in a collective in maine for a year and a half but it dissolved this fall. i garden all summer in maine and travel all winter.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
is there a gardening job you do up in maine? also, what's in SF? you should keep going to slab city :p

fernfern

Reaction score
i keep hearing great things about slab city, i think i'm gonna have to stop in. SF is where i'm meeting a friend who will continue the ride with me. we are going all the way to LA and then to Austin, maybe hitching if our legs are too tired. slab city could be on the way...

fernfern

Reaction score
and as far as gardening in maine, i've had my own 2 gardens in the past year. a couple friends and i rent a huge farmhouse on 100 acres for 200 bucks a month. they're selling it soon so we're talking about buying up some land and starting our own hobo camp/garden/co-operative shit.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i really want to do a bike tour this year, but i just got back to austin where im working to save up money for bike parts and other things. if you were interested in taking pictures of your bike trip, you should, we'd love to see them! or maybe some videos?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
and as far as gardening in maine, i've had my own 2 gardens in the past year. a couple friends and i rent a huge farmhouse on 100 acres for 200 bucks a month. they're selling it soon so we're talking about buying up some land and starting our own hobo camp/garden/co-operative shit.

fuck yeah. that sounds awesome.

Reaction score
i'm currently in maine, been living here the past 7 months as a housewifey, cooking,cleaning, gardening, writing, reading, romping through woods with my Solar Doog. heading out within the next week, south to NC and then west to CO then Cali.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads