Winter Camping- way Off Grid | Squat the Planet

Winter Camping- way Off Grid

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Looking for someone, or a few people that are interested in going off grid for the winter. We'd build a nice shelter, fire pit, etc. I have the skills for this and if you do too that would work great. Trying to get this going asap.
If you have a car, I have gas money-but would have to figure out where to store the car.
Or, we could train hop into the middle of nowhere, if you know how to do that- as I've yet to do it but would love to.
Open to other suggestions.
Let's do this.

William Howard 2

Reaction score
Depends where you plan on doing this, and how rugged you'd want to go, but starting from scratch in the winter sounds like a bad idea to me :/ Usually it's better to build something in the warmer months and then stalk up on supplies to help ease into the winter months when food is practically non - existent.

anterrabae

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
754 Weather Vane Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, US
This year has been offputting as hell for me in regards to transitioning into offgrid wilderness living. In almost every possible way. I had clearly defined goals that took me three years to wittle out in the back of my mind, and that i was going to finally set in motion with 2017.

I will skip the boring details and just wish you luck. Its a tantalizing thought, finding a secretly accessible place out in the wilderness to call home away from home. a hideout. a library. a tool box. and most importantly, perfect quiet.

Reactions: scoutwilding

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, winter is brutal where I'm going but it's been done before. I guess I'll do it and if I perish doing it at least I went out living fully and doing what I love. Although, I have a positive mindset and a lot of wilderness living skills and experience.

Packitup

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Im about to do this myself and coukd use another person as well i just dont plan on coming back and im going wayyyyyyyy up north .N.W.T or B.C.

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
@angerisagift. You're completely wrong! I have many friends who've created a life waaay off grid and did just fine.
The only reason Kraukauer wrote about McCandless is because he died- then they turned it into this whole other thing.
I've also found most people that make half-assed comments have never actually spent ANY time out in the wilderness.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads