Wilderness Squatting : tarp/tent vs. hammock

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
i've got a decent tent but mainly sleep under my 8x10 tarp and was thinking about getting off the ground and buying a hammock. i've heard that it's not for everyone, but i can pretty much crash anywhere.
anyone have any tips or suggestions?

hiveranno

Reaction score
wow havnt been on here for a awhile... trying to get back outta the woods but its cold as hell where im at now. ive tried out the hammock bit in the southern states just to get me off the ground and away from all the creepy crawlies... works pretty slick if you have a place to hang it and its light as hell... only problem i saw with them is that your not insulated under you if your in cooler climates. even just having the ground under yah makes a difference cuz your body heat will hold up. but i carry a net i found out in oregon where ever i go as it serves other purposes besides a hammock...

Reaction score
hammocks work nice in sum places but yea you get mad fucken cold since thers no insulation under yu.. never had any problems with my tarp unless its snowing a shit load it seems to always find a way to get inside

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads