Wild Roots, Feral Futures (anti-civ gathering)/Colorado: June 2010 | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Wild Roots, Feral Futures (anti-civ gathering)/Colorado: June 2010

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
I wound up at this for the whole week. It was alrite. Kinda just turned into a party after a while. Also they had weird shit there for a primitive skills gathering like a fuckin gas powered deep fryer and they hauled in a good majority of the water when there was a river right there. But ya it was alright I guess. I had a lot of other shit on my mind that week

pip

Reaction score
I went, it was awesome and i'll probobly be there next year as well. But yeah, the fryer and similar items were a bit baffling, and camping at the bottom sucks when you realize you have to bring your gear up that absurdly huge hill with the wonders of high elevation and thin colorodo air.I do think its a bit fucked that some people on here have a problem with differantally gendered folks.The 'its not natural' argument is bullshit--plenty of fish/animals change gender.And lots of old cultures have various examples of transgender people(two spirit,for example).

hassysmacker

Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted to go. Oh well, I plan on it next year.

And the gender binary bullshit on here is just that, but I think it may mainly stem from an ignorance about gender theory and ideas of gender as social construct, and not being interested in hearing about it, or not being a critical thinker, or something.

uncivilize

Reaction score
Maybe a lack of reading comprehension on your parts? From what I read, there was actually alot of openness to varied gender, the only thing that I saw someone "have a problem with" is surgical alteration. Stop :deadhorse:

hassysmacker

Reaction score
i actually didnt re read the thread at all. Just assumed someone probably rambled in a way that expressed that making room for and respecting those outside the gender binary of male and female, aka queer, transgendered, etc., and respecting their preferred pronouns of they/she/him/etc., was stupid and pc.

and, i'm still not going to reread the thread. but the previous post still expresses my opinion of those who write off gender theory (gender as social construct) as stupid and pc.

but haven't we had long conversations about this already, uncivilize? hah.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads