Wicked and Wierd

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Greetings folks. Found my way to this board while looking for info on Philly sqauts (my hometown). For a few years now i've found great enjoyment exploring and spending time in abandoned buildings around my area (lately i've been traveling out, explored in marlyand, indiana, new york, massachusetts) as well as having spent extended stays at some, although at the time i never saw it as squatting but more as camping in a cool building :)

Ever since i was very young i've loved to travel. Even short day trips with the family to out of state places was exciting to me. As i've gotten older and traveled more to different places my itch to see things as grown even stronger, yet with little money it is impossible for me to travel in the "conventional" ways. I've yet to hitchhike or ride any rails anywhere, yet i know in the future the itch will be impossible to contain and i see a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum that can be extremely helpful to me in the future.

About myself personally, I'm 20 years old, i grew up in Philly and know it like the back of my hand. I'm a starting photographer (been doing it for about 4 years, but only seriously for 2). Recently unemployed, and finding it harder and harder to find work. I can't really think of much else to throw in, i guess anything more anybody wants to know i'll be glad to share.

On top of the large rotted Orinoka Mill in North Philadelphia
l_c91d78810b814d5ea667d97a10dcb585.jpg

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
nice pic man! where's that place at?

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the welcomes and picture comments. I was trying to get a picture like that for a very long time.

I'm definitly finding alot of usefull information here, i've been lurking and reading constantly. Me and a friend are considering hitching to new mexico in a couple months so this will come in handy...

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
welcome! feel free to ask anything. you'll allways get great feedback.

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ArrowInOre said:
may not be correct every time, but all our shit is based on experience ya know, not books, well, not always, lol...Hell I've even picked up tips from some of the youngin's on here myself... Something new every now and then..

Couldn't agree more. 90% of what i know about exploring i learned from fucking up and otherwise. Like falling through a roof taught me a lot about what to look for in unstable structures heh

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads