Why is the world so divided? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Why is the world so divided?

ali

Reaction score
To get back on topic: what can we do to resist the bullshit? I think being compassionate and engaging in good faith is an important step.

If you hang out a lot in left wing circles, this might be an interesting watch. It's an early talk with
Ashiyat Akanbi, whose other interviews and articles are also worth checking out. She is known for speaking out against cancel culture and promoting a more constructive dialog.

Another person on the left who has talked about how to engage well is Loretta Ross. She's being doing some mainstream media appearances in the US because she has a book coming out on exactly this topic. Here's a quick NYT intro: What if Instead of Calling People Out, We Called Them In? - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/19/style/loretta-ross-smith-college-cancel-culture.html

People coming from a more libertarian or mildly conservative background might be inspired by checking out Coleman Hughes, who does a YouTube series where he has some thoughtful political dialog with interesting people: https://www.youtube.com/c/ColemanHughesOfficial/

Here's an old TED talk about the value of listening to one another's stories and keeping an open mind...

TLDR: don't be an asshole.

Reactions: mylon

mikepetti76

Reaction score
THANK YOU! 🙌

🙌

No. No they dont. They have hearsay and speculative 'evidence'. That doesnt hold up in a court of law. Go watch them try to present that BS to a judge, and watch them get laughed out of the courtroom. It's in multiple videos online.

Ya. You're right. It is. Trump has been doing it for 4 years. We have no seen NEAR the level of authoritarian fascism Trump has blatantly embraced since WW2.

Come on dude. I'm sorry to say it, but you were conned, by a con man. The guy admits it. Look at hin trying to give preemptive pardons to his entire family before he leaves office, for crimes he KNOWS they will be charged with after hes out. Fucking disgrace of a human being, and I hope they throw the book at him the second he steps off the White House lawn.
Sorry about that. I'm back. Now to finish my response.

According to the evidence being shown it isn't a lie.

It's not hearsay. Are you saying eyewitness testimony is not admissible in court? There is forensic evidence, video evidence, eyewitness testimony of laws being broken. There is unconstitutional mandates put in place days before the election to facilitate the fraud.

I've heard of this fascism of Trump before, now I'm not saying he's not, but can you please give me some examples?

What type of crimes are you referring to? Spying on a elected official, selling illegal weapons to drug cartels, authorizing warrantless wiretapping, direct the IRS to target people and business with a different political view than his? Which won of these crimes should be prosecuted?

mikepetti76

Reaction score
I think the difference in perspective here is what constitutes "evidence". I think in everyday speech, what most people understand to be evidence is forensic evidence, i.e. scientific evidence. An example might be video logs of tens or hundreds of thousands of ballots being destroyed or falsified en masse. I am not aware of any of this sort of evidence being provided to the courts, and I very much doubt that a judge would throw it out if it was there.

Another type of legal evidence is witness testimony. This is not really something I think most people would refer to as "evidence" in everyday speech. In my opinion it's especially less relevant in the context of American elections. Because the election count is massively decentralized, there would need to be hundreds or thousands of conspirators across hundreds or thousands of precincts, all working together to affect a significant change in the result. If we only have a few witnesses, they may only be able to testify to amounts of fraud so tiny as to not make an impact on the result. Obviously zero fraud would be ideal, but every election there are very tiny amounts of fraud - 5 votes here, 5 votes there... That's not worth dedicating a news cycle to.

Personally, I think that the worry about "we're just steps away from Hitler" reporting is far more damaging to the country than "there's nothing much going on at this hearing" reporting. And, for sure, the media has been going on for 4 years about how fascism is just around the corner. That was some epic BS, in my opinion. But that's what people want to hear makes money. This idea that the country is at war with itself, bla bla bla. In my experience, in the real world (i.e. not on the internet) most people are still pretty compassionate toward one another. So, if anything, i would say the media should quit with the fascism analogies (especially when we have actual fascist countries already existing in the world that are far more authoritarian than anything in the west) and focus instead on real problems affecting real people... Poverty, addiction, health care, housing etc.
They have forensic evidence. They have video. You are not aware of it because they choose not to report it. It's all in the state legislation hearings.

It's legal signed affidavits under threat of perjury, like "Yes, I was there and I saw Mr. Whoever stick a gun to her head and pull the trigger".

I disagree, they aren't reporting the news about the fraud they are campaigning. When the news organizations quit reporting and start campaigning, then it becomes very damaging.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackSquat

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dude, I cant believe you believe ANY of what you are talking about in the last two posts. Seriously incredible. It's like trying to converse with a flat-earther.

The eyewitness evidence? What like the people who 'saw' the fraud, and then went back and RECANTED their statements because they made them under duress? Or are you just listening word for word shit that comes from brietbart?

There. Is. No. Evidence. Even if there was, why didnt Trump use that fraud to his advantage? If you can give me one shred, ONE, that is credible about wode spread election fraud I'll eat my hat.

Here is a show that ACTUALLY does REAL journalism and backs up its claims with fact, and how they got them:

As far as examples of Trump being a fascist? No, I'm not doing your research for you. That is WAY to easy to find. Also, if you ARENT saying he is NOT a fascist, why the hell are you backing up his bullshit claims?

That's essentially saying your not, NOT condemning fascism.

Also, I really hope you didnt join this website just for this arguement, because that is currently what it looks like.

Either way, @ali is right, this is derailing the original thread. Back on topic.

mikepetti76

Reaction score
Dude, I cant believe you believe ANY of what you are talking about in the last two posts. Seriously incredible. It's like trying to converse with a flat-earther.

The eyewitness evidence? What like the people who 'saw' the fraud, and then went back and RECANTED their statements because they made them under duress? Or are you just listening word for word shit that comes from brietbart?

There. Is. No. Evidence. Even if there was, why didnt Trump use that fraud to his advantage? If you can give me one shred, ONE, that is credible about wode spread election fraud I'll eat my hat.

Here is a show that ACTUALLY does REAL journalism and backs up its claims with fact, and how they got them:

As far as examples of Trump being a fascist? No, I'm not doing your research for you. That is WAY to easy to find. Also, if you ARENT saying he is NOT a fascist, why the hell are you backing up his bullshit claims?

That's essentially saying your not, NOT condemning fascism.

Also, I really hope you didnt join this website just for this arguement, because that is currently what it looks like.

Either way, @ali is right, this is derailing the original thread. Back on topic.

You're proving my point. There is video evidence.

As far as Trump being fascist, that's what I figured you'd say.

I didn't join this site just to talk politics. I enjoy reading about all of these peoples stories.

Sorry if I offended you.

Bobbas Thomas

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
  • Not believe all of the bs propaganda we the general public of a first world country are constantly fed.
  • Realize that we are all people; everyone you see, meet, etc, on this planet. We all have our struggles, our ups and downs. And we're all in this together. Treat other people, especially strangers, as one of your own and understand that we all have more in common than we usually think.

MFB

Reaction score
sadly it seems like many people just want something to be pissed off about rather than chat about anything literally sensible
I think it's because our lives are so boring and easy we need to take psuedo-moralistic stances on shit that dont matter so we feel important. Like me with being a vegan. Ha!

D

Deleted member 30226

Tribalism. We are all guilty of it. At the end of the day whether it be race, religion, gender ... it is all tribalism --- along with other isms I'm sure. The conservative tribe hates the liberal tribe, the 99% hate the 1%, et cetera ad nauseum. How can we change it? Well, therein lies the rub as the bard would say. Think global, act local is a pretty cool phrase, but it is bullshit. All you can really do is change how you process information. 100th Monkey mentality (kinda a neat read if you research it) isn't going to happen. Locally, I suppose you could do good. I remember, back in the day, the SHARPs took on the Nazi Skinheads --- laces, braces, etc. It rolled for awhile and petered out. I also remember a handful of us riders went to war with some of the FTRA factions and that too died out. The System that is set up to pit the tribes against themselves is designed that way so that they never go after the System (read: government). Oh, sure media is part of the delivery of the message vis-a-vis rhetoric, the reality is that message merely strokes the chords of what has been there all along.

That is because tribalism bisects with attention span. And where the two of those meet there is this pesky thing called Time. The older you get, the more you realize, we are all actors upon a stage and some of us chose to write our own scripts and check out (for example, hopping freights) and others bite the bullet of conformity. There is no serious change coming up on this third rock from the sun. Hope, is just that. Just my two cents ...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads