Why did I fail?

M

Mouse

my main tip... get your ass into NYC somehow and take a chinatown bus to Richmond and then go south on 95 from there.

I know it seems like some stupid form of cheating but it fucking works.

hitching 95 past RVA is cake.

J

jamessheaj

yo sup bathtub yeaaa i herd about u ur movin in with craxk digz kara and shit in st petersburg right? just realized there movin in today too haha

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
For your situation, I would have put "FL please" or "near MIAMI".

I figure, if you're on the southbound highway (I-95), why put "South" - kinda obvious? (It would be funny to walk a way down I-95 South and hold a sign saying "Maine" or "North"!)

Maybe being at the on-ramp is limiting you to just people pulling out of that stop, rather than people travelling from further north and heading further south? Especially in a business district, you'd largely be getting just work-time commuters, I'd think - people only going 15 miles down to home in the suburbs(?).

C

Clit Comander

Just wait it out, me and my road dog spent three days in tremonton Utah. eventually we got picked up by a crazy mormon, he kinda freaked me out so when we got out i left my thermal and hoodie in his van. moral of the story HOP thru utah. That shit sux, but what else are you gonna do get a job. I think not.

Clean

Reaction score
ive made it from colorado to minnesota Hitching 2 rides, not walking down the interstate for more than 4 hours altogether

E

eliothenson

Truckstops.

Any exit with a truckstop is enough of a stopping point for long-distance drivers of any stripe for you to have at least a decent chance of something going a long way.

Then, if no one picks you up on the ramp, you try the stop itself, which, if you're going a long way, will almost always get you there faster anyway.

Unless it's my final destination I never get off unless the exit has a truck stop. If they're not going far enough, wait until the next one.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads