Which State has the best homeless resources in your opinion

DikembeMuhobo

Reaction score
i forget the name of the group, but it's pastor dave, they specialize in helping train kids find places to live and pay their rent

Bridge To The Mountains. Pastor Dave Lettrich. Good people. anyone can hmu if they need info on this.

Nathanli

Reaction score
I find Colorado Springs,COLORADO a easy place to regroup and get back on your feet…YOU CAN GET FOOD STAMPS AND MEDICAL VERY QUICKLY..YOU CAN FLY A SIGN AND MAKE GREAT MONEY AT HOME DEPOT,WALMART AND MOST OFF RAMPS AND TRUCK STOPS..BUSING IS DESCENT AND YOU CAN GET A BUD TENDER JOB EASY..FINDING A CHEAP VEHICLE TO SLEEP IN IS FAIRLY EASY.. and they have RV PARKING LOTS WITH SHOWERS FOR $30 a night..

• Useful
Reactions: Dmac

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
As far as services go, you're usually better heading out west. Salt Lake isn't bad is you can get past the book of Mormon vibe. Cali is also good for services and resources but a mfer to reestablish yourself at. Seattle is fun but Seattle is for when you've just accepted the life. Can't attest to Colorado. Only passed through. Expect for all the weed you can smoke. It's nice.

I've been wondering for years how the housing first program(s?) in Salt Lake City work, and if anyone here's had experience with them lately.

Most of the time I've been on the streets has been in Cali or Arizona, and I always try to make sure I've got at least enough money to get back to Tucson to be homeless there if push comes to shove. It's also where I got off the streets this time (housed in one way or another since November 2020). But the different parts of Cali and Arizona vary wildly. Like Riverside and Bakersfield, CA are kind of a drag and it gets pretty cold in Flagstaff, AZ where I got caught in a hail storm in August of 2012, which I didn't even know was possible in the middle of summer!

Down and Out

-Dank- Down and Out press
Banned
Reaction score
Website
downandoutpress.org
I mean its odd to say but I never really benefited much if at all from shelters when I was younger there was a youth shelter with pretty decent food. That note though I would probably say Cali because food stamps or gov monies are easy enough to get and if your homeless you don't need to do the crazy welfare to work programs. I would never overnight in a shelter unless it meant saving me from freezing to death. When I got older it became apparent that the sidewalks where cleaner safer and dumpster had better food than most shelters.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads