Where to go for Christmas?

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
So lemme tell you guys a little about me real fast. I was homeless for about a year than I started college. When this semester is over, I wanna go back on the road. The being homeless part sucked ass, but I wanna get back on the road til spring.
So anyway, on to what I was gonna ask

I wanna hit the road after my semester is over. I'm in Northeastern PA. I wanna go to a city with the following specs (that I've never been to):
Spanging is legal
Sleeping outside (tent or church steps/etc) is legal
Drop ins/soup kitchens if I don't make money that day
Lots of drunks and cops that don't give two shits
Lots of free swag for Christmas

So anyway, I don't wanna go all the way back to Cali, that took me long enough. I don't hop freight. But I wanna go somewhere east of the Rockies. I've been to NYC and I love it there, but the cops are being douchebags and I kinda wanna see somewhere new.

Looking at my own list, I can think of two places right off the bat that would suit this list (Not sure about the last one though): NOLA and Boston.

Also, if you know whether or not knives are legal, I would love to know. Another thing that would be good to know is where the homeguards (not homebums), street kids and crusties hang out (That's ALWAYS my first question when I roll into town. "Where do the gutter punks/crusties/street kids hang out?")

Also, nowhere in MD or PA. MyDick is full of dope fiends and PA is full of dope fiends with warrants from MD.

I know, I ramble, but I'm trying to do my research before I drop into a town I don't know anything about

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Reactions: Teko
E

Earth

sounds like Seattle might be the place for you, since it's very liberal and tollerant....
-but me??
Staying right in the lower naugatuck valley here in CT
Ain't no place like home :)

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
So lemme tell you guys a little about me real fast. I was homeless for about a year than I started college. When this semester is over, I wanna go back on the road. The being homeless part sucked ass, but I wanna get back on the road til spring.
So anyway, on to what I was gonna ask

I wanna hit the road after my semester is over. I'm in Northeastern PA. I wanna go to a city with the following specs (that I've never been to):
Spanging is legal
Sleeping outside (tent or church steps/etc) is legal
Drop ins/soup kitchens if I don't make money that day
Lots of drunks and cops that don't give two shits
Lots of free swag for Christmas

So anyway, I don't wanna go all the way back to Cali, that took me long enough. I don't hop freight. But I wanna go somewhere east of the Rockies. I've been to NYC and I love it there, but the cops are being douchebags and I kinda wanna see somewhere new.

Looking at my own list, I can think of two places right off the bat that would suit this list (Not sure about the last one though): NOLA and Boston.

Also, if you know whether or not knives are legal, I would love to know. Another thing that would be good to know is where the homeguards (not homebums), street kids and crusties hang out (That's ALWAYS my first question when I roll into town. "Where do the gutter punks/crusties/street kids hang out?")

Also, nowhere in MD or PA. MyDick is full of dope fiends and PA is full of dope fiends with warrants from MD.

I know, I ramble, but I'm trying to do my research before I drop into a town I don't know anything about

Don't go to Boston. I was homeless/squatting there for 8 months and it was freezing as fuck and vey hard to find places to sleep where cops won't bother you. My dogs and I almost froze to death literally a few times.

There are no real traveling kids there either (or at least real traveling kids that I came across most lived at home with their parents and stayed outside pretending to be homeless to bum money off people. Only real home ins there are junkies and some gross annoying drunk bums.

Anyway this is kinda scatterbrained but point of he story is dont fuck around wasting time with Boston. It sucks major ass being homeless or traveling there in the winter.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Don't go to Boston. I was homeless/squatting there for 8 months and it was freezing as fuck and vey hard to find places to sleep where cops won't bother you. My dogs and I almost froze to death literally a few times.

There are no real traveling kids there either (or at least real traveling kids that I came across most lived at home with their parents and stayed outside pretending to be homeless to bum money off people. Only real home ins there are junkies and some gross annoying drunk bums.
Thanks for the info o_O

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Savannah GA is pretty good friendly and warm without being Florida (cops in that state.....).
Atlanta=don't even consider it. Too many wanna-be gangbangers.
problem with Savannah is the cops don't really tolerate spanging...once they know your face ..it's over...buut it's a awesome lil city and you can make your cheddar sneakily just dont sit on the couple main drags...sit in the little parks and busk/beg.... i vote 1 more for savannah

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Metarie, outside of Nola there is a mall. I made so much money over Christmas that I couldn't stuff anymore in my pockets. The cops will run you off, but won't give you a fine. The off-ramp is good for money too. I might go back there just for the money.

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Metarie, outside of Nola there is a mall. I made so much money over Christmas that I couldn't stuff anymore in my pockets. The cops will run you off, but won't give you a fine. The off-ramp is good for money too. I might go back there just for the money.
I think I'll hit that shit up. I wanna go south anyway, see my friend in Savannah.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads