When or where to begin?!

Meck

Reaction score
Hello you can call me Meck or Logan witch ever you prefer I'm 24 and currently in Phoenix, AZ. So I've been thinking about this for some time now hitch hiking, train hoping, and alternative living ie. collectives communes and squats. I want to know once you chose this life does it become forever or incredibly hard to get back from. Like do most people have a back up plan some loved one or something they can fall back on if this isn't the life they want? I don't want to pay taxes work some slave wage job or rent an apartment I'll never own I'm sure most of ya agree. Do I also want to consider a partner in this to like a companion I know it must get lonely out there traveling and would prolly be safer for someone to have your back as well. It would prolly also help if ya maybe had some suggestions or places I would be able to go to and talk about staying so I not completly lost out there. Any and all information would be appriciated, this is something I really want to do with myself I just want to make sure I've covered everything. You all seem like great people thanks for taking the time to read my post and lending me a hand!

wartomods

Reaction score
Thats a very difficult question, people are different, you want to set your priorities.
There are people that are drifers they like to travel see the world have something in mind, and dont mind to work a season so they can go and travel and enjoy their way, some even accept the system and see themselves in the system but with a different role. There are people who like to get involved on the scene and meet people have a good time and get some money with few work and get wasted. there are people that have something to fight for and want to change the world and have a different point of view of the things.
There are people who are all of above in different degrees.
Life is not easy,

Meck

Reaction score
Well put and point taken, So I'm trying to hook up with some people I knew in seattle while was there that are pretty experienced at this thing. Then I'm gonna head to the Pittsburgh g20 summit. I guess I just need to push all things aside including fear and just fucking do it.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I guess I just need to push all things aside including fear and just fucking do it.

That's the most important step!

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I think most people here have family they can stay with if they're tired of traveling or some of the drama that can come with it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads