What's your favorite soda concoction?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
LOL I'm an longtime bartender who experimented quite a bit on herself (do not try an irish flag, ever - ick - pretty, but it sucks - I had some gagging customers ...), I have a lot of favorites and non favorites - but must say with a soda mix I'd do a Birch Beer (clear root beer with a SNAP - from PA) and a whiskey. I get the birch beer from Williamsport area - love it.

that reminds me when i was bartending in new orleans, we had a generic red bull on the soda gun. if you look at a soda gun (at a bar) it's just one nozzle squirting syrup with several nozzles squirting soda water. so... i would block the soda water and pour just pure red bull energy drink (the syrup concentrate) into shots and dare customers to drink it.

a shot was the equivalent of like 3 red bulls straight to your dome. also, that much sugar gives you gut rot pretty bad.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
that reminds me when i was bartending in new orleans, we had a generic red bull on the soda gun. if you look at a soda gun (at a bar) it's just one nozzle squirting syrup with several nozzles squirting soda water. so... i would block the soda water and pour just pure red bull energy drink (the syrup concentrate) into shots and dare customers to drink it.

a shot was the equivalent of like 3 red bulls straight to your dome. also, that much sugar gives you gut rot pretty bad.

Oh.My. I cannot imagine having red bull on the gun lol. If anything - I had the bar owners at one bar I worked at (usually I worked 3 bars for 60 hours a week - that was a whooooole lotta drinking too, hehe) who freaking loved Jaigermeister - nasty green crap - and so I had a huge machine in back of me with two pourers and openings for me to stash 4 big bottles of that stuff in it so it would deliver a shot to a perfect chilled temp. Needless to say I normally had drunken owners when they would leave at 6 pm (I came on shift at 6 pm - when they would stagger out). nasty green stuff. I understand you poop green too if you drink a lot of that stuff. yuck

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
haha actually the bottles are just green. the actual liquid is black. i've drank enough to wanna die the next morning, but it didn't turn my poop black.

off topic, but had to share :)

johnnymarie

Reaction score
at quik trips, i like to mix their black cherry and orange smoothies with their rooster booster slushee, a third of each. bitchin.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads