whats your defenition of "holding your liquer"

whaleofashrimp

Reaction score
ok i always thought that "holding your liquer " meant being able to drinlk or do drugs in large quanities while still being able to deal with shit when it pops up. which fits me perfectly, however ive ran into other people who claim its your ability not to vomit. Now i have sensitive guts and im prone to vomiting more then others
however when where all fucked up..it assumned that ill be the one talking to cops or other people because im the one closist to being able to process shit...while those those people who can cunsome as much as me without vomiting are messes
\so whats your definition

JungleBoots

Reaction score
i think its your definition....

drinking a lot of booze and still being able to keep a level head when you need it...

example of people that cant hold their liquor... little punx kids smash two or three PBRs and start arguments with their dogs or get into fist fights... or do somehting stupid on a train like sitting in a suicide car trying to sharpen a knife blade on the rail. (watch wedding train part 3. for a really good example of bad holding of booze)

example of people that can hold their liquor... people of rational mind smash a couple 40's are are still capable of having if not an informative conversation, at least an entertaining and endearing one. When someone insults you you dont get in their face and look to start a fight. staying safe on the train, keeping aware of the train's situation and travel and adjust plans accordingly (or realizing its really fucking dumb to drink two forties on a train :l)

Cobo

Reaction score
yea but if you're vomiting, you're vomiting up the liquor, you're not holding it. you're cheating.

Alaska

Reaction score
It's the exact opposite of what I do.

I drink hard liquor, I lose my shit. I then hate myself.

Swore off hard shit a few weeks ago. Done with that noise.

Dmac

Reaction score
i agree with whale's idea of what holding your liquor is. when you can get drunk or buzzed and still act rationally. if you have black outs or start shit for no reason, or get yourself busted by cops, cutting back or pacing yourself might be a good idea. many people who vomit from beer, do so because they are drinking too fast. your stomach can only hold so much at a time. hell if i chugged a 2 liter of pepsi i'd throw up, same goes for 2 40's of beer. and i can drink a 5th of whiskey and still walk and talk plus remember what i did the next day.

Nelco

Reaction score
not doing anything drasticaly out of character, that later becomes apologies or regrets

Nelco

Reaction score
that includes sucking
not doing anything drasticaly out of character, that later becomes apologies or regrets
that includes sucking dog dick
for all my domo homies

billyriot

Reaction score
I think it's a combination of both being able to process what is going on in the world around you. As well as not yaking all over the place. But then again, it could be a different definition for different people. Hell, my tolerance for hard liquor dropped, so I tend to just pass out after too much; beer though, I'm pretty kosher with, I can still hold a conversation on string theory or the historical impact of of the Hungarian Uprising of '56. It all depends on how well you can manage yourself, I suppose.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Drink a twelve pack of Double IPA beer... and at least a third of sailor jerrys rum.

Get up after three hours of sleep.

Go run heavy equipment...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads