what up transients?? | Squat the Planet

what up transients??

mesquite

Reaction score
A friend of mine who I haven't seen in probably 2 years (jeff spiteri? anyone?) told me bout this forum a while back, and I've been reading threads off and on for the past several months... lots of good shit I must say. finally made an account... first post! woo!!.... uhh.... anywho... ill be arriving in portland (cliché, I know, right?) monday the 7th by way of train... not hopped unfortunately, as I have yet to do that.
anywho... what draws me to portland is the electronic music scene, which, from my understanding, is blossoming. Plan at the moment is to try and start some sort of new industrial/experimental/DnB/dubstep/ambient/glitch/breakcore/downtempo/grime project... some shit along those lines... Bringing all my gear (software shit and analog hardware) and everything so hopefully I can connect with some like minded artists and create kind of a live dub soundsystem type of rig... hybridize electronics with live instrumentation n shit... In a few months though, depending upon how all that goes, ill probably end up putting most of my shit in storage and begin hitching/squatting my way south to follow the heat...
But as I was saying, if any of you fine people happen to be in/around portland and could maybe show me around or something, or happen to know people who might be down to collaborate musically, let me know. cause as of right now I have no fucking clue what Im doing when I show up haha
-dave

mesquite

Reaction score
aw no shit you know him? last I heard from Jeff he said he was working on some farm collective in socal that provides housing/food or some shit which sounded dope.
But yea anywho Im at the Hawthorne hostel for 2 nights n I met this street chap who everyone apparently calls "boston" or "handsome jack mackeral" ahaha but yea hes funny as fuck and has got some serious wit haha. I watched his pack whilst he skated to some pizzeria somebody tipped him off on n he scored us some slices from the dumpster that I microwaved. gave him an extra bandanna I had cause his was phantom (you know, like amputee limbs?) haha... mid september we may catch out from corvallis I think he said

drunken marauder

Reaction score
rememberusername said:
I know jeff.. and we rode Plymouth-Barstow together last summer.

I just recently (this year) started listening to what I just (this month) found out is considered breakcore, acid electronica, and so on. Good stuff

A detroit kid finding out about techno on the road????

mesquite

Reaction score
A detroit kid finding out about techno on the road????
haha ya crazy, right? I got Detroit bumper stickers on me roadcase. REPRESENT! you been to DEMF?

ill try n make it out to those parts Im getting kind of sick of hawthorne district haha its a huge city but ive pretty much just been on one street since I got here haha. Oh ya I found a bandanna so I guess what goes round comes round

:zombie:!

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
Seconding the voodoo donuts and Satyricon. I saw the Casualties (with Rum Rebellion, Hammered Grunts, Mouth Sewn Shut and Crum Bums) there the other day. I forgot how much I love that joint.

mesquite

Reaction score
aite scratch the whole PDX thing I'm in Arcata now haha... me n handsome jack mackeral are thinkin of heading to Santa Rosa or who knows where...

but yeah good ol' Jeffy Spit haha.... anyone know if he's on stp?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads