what to do for new years eve? | Squat the Planet

what to do for new years eve?

bikegeek666

Reaction score
either hang out in the bay area and find something to get into, or go to santa cruz for the diy first night, which seems cool, or go to slab city, as a bunch of people i know are going?

decisions, decisions...

maus

Reaction score
999.jpg

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
whats diy day in santa cruz? id say go to slab city. by the way, that image is fucking hilarious.

maus

Reaction score
yeah, but...why? what's going on there?

its a former mining town turned artist colony ish place in the dragoon mtns near tucson and the border... they have a pretty elaborate public party and tons of travelers mob up there, anyone who doesnt go to slab city i guess. its pretty chill. i havent been to diy last night in scz but i think youre right its kind of a rts thing. i think the trash orchestra (anarcho drum brigade) is involved. itll probably be awesome, im sorry im missing it this year.

bikegeek666

Reaction score
well, it seems i know a few people going to slab city i could probably get rides with. there you go. i think i'll head down sometime this week.

oh, and i googled slab city new year's eve to look for pictures and stuff out of curiosity...and this thread came up.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads