What is your Definition of Freedom?

travelin

Reaction score
morning sun sparkling on flowing water, flyrod in hand, line whispering with the connection of sky and water...

i stand and build dreams in the air, my mind is the rhythm of the cast and the world narrows down to that one instant of the presentation, then the take.

fishing is my freedom...

travelin

Reaction score
I had several thoughts on what freedom is. But they all sounded like cliches. So instead, I will answer this part... What motivates me? Food. I like to eat. No one elts will feed me. I get up every morning & go work so I can feed my self. That is simplafing it, but its all the same. There just is NO ONE else I can rely on. If I want food, clothing, shelter, I have to provide it for my self. Ergo, I haul my butt out of bed every day & go to work. In your collective, how would you take care of people like myself, people physically unable to walk or garden or any thing that requires being on their feet for more than a few min?

there are dozens of jobs on a farm that does not require standing for long.

salxtina

Reaction score
The means to really get the social things I need - shelter, healthcare - without working for a machine that goes against me. To be part of creating these things in voluntary / democratic groups that don't destroy the land / ecosystem around them. To step up to the plate and call bullying and oppression what it is, not to curb our speech to fit in or win points, to form solidarity with lunatics, outsiders, whoever we've been taught to treat as alien. Relationships where people want to actually share their lives more than they want to control somebody - because you can't have both, because domination and love can't co-exist.
Not owing the hospitals money, nor the justice system your service (parole officers EAT) is an easily observable phenomenon of freedom restriction. Not letting your possessions own you.
Yeah, that's a big one.

Or as Ms. Simone had it, "It's just a feeling. how do you tell somebody how it feels to be in love? You can't tell it, but you know it, when it happens... I'll tell you what freedom is to me, NO FEAR."

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Parking is terrible. That's why I sold my first car.

Rather I didn't have the one now, but it was a gift, so hard to pawn right off. Freedom is owning nothing, really. But, fuck, it's also breaking some doors down where you aren't wanted, sometimes. So I am content with the vehicle, and content with not busting in on peeps also as long as that stands.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Lets say, the long term outlook??

I think I'll be happy if I can walk without pain, shit right, and still get a boner; if I make it to my 70's... or above.

Last edited:

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Absolute ability to manipulate time-space-matter-order-energy-&-chaos.

Thus far... this is only possible in my mind.

::alien::-Where is my mind.

Reactions: Mankini

Mel of the Bronx

Reaction score
Freedom is the ability to make a choice without being constrained by an outside force. The most meaningful notion of freedom, for me, is freedom from coercion. I should have the right to make whatever choice I want to make so long as it doesn't violate the rights of another. But then we have the problem of which rights are right and which rights are wrong.

Reactions: Mankini

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads