What Can We Do To Support Peace?

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I think DJ Quik had the answer in his song Get Loaded:

"I don't get it
I mean you niggas claim to be riders and thugged out
And super OG and all that old shit
But for real, what would you really rather be doing?

Would you rather be in these streets
Scrappin' and shootin' with these niggas
Or somewhere with a blunt in your mouth
Gettin ya dick sucked by a bad ass bitch?
Oh yeah that's me babe"

Eager

Reaction score
I think one really effective way of promoting peace; would be to kill all cops, capitalists, and politicians* and distribute their stuff equally among the rest of us. But then again; I'm pretty old fashioned.

*Of course this is just theoretical; violence is bad, unless its carried out legally by the state.

ipoPua

Reaction score
will lay down their own lives for you to have the freedom to laugh at them.
i'm so sick of hearing that stupid bullshit. when was the last time a single goddamn soldier did a single goddamn thing that had jackSHIT to do with my freedoms? long long time before i was born, long long time before most soldiers were born. killing people does nothing for my freedom, so fuck that.

Telling people that they should quit their jobs is your first step towards being that self-righteous pacifist douche-bag that you don't want to be.

again your coming off as a self-righteous douche by telling people they need to convert to bike-riding, meditating vegan pacifists. BEING EVIL MAKES ME FEEL BETTER.

he never told anyone they 'need' to do anything. he was posing what he considers good answers to the threadquestion, answers some people agree with and some people don't. he wasn't forcing his opinion on anyone, just putting it forth.

anyway as i came here to say, although i'm sure most of it's been said,, the only way to lasting peace is through death. chaos is the fact of life, violence is a fact of chaos. i respect you for wanting to make things better, but trying to avoid all conflict isnt the way to do that. the way to improve things is to speak up when you think you should, walk away when you think you shouldnt, and be the best example you know how to be. thats the most you and i can do to bring peace.
just my take.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Lord Strange, I wish to see a more peaceful and nonviolent world, and I think it is possible to much larger degree than we're seeing now. While I blame no oppressed minorities for their resort to violence, I entirely reject it as an ideal -- forget the punk popularity contest, I already lose all my votes for that. That's fine.

"Johan Galtung, the father of peace studies often refers to the distinction between ‘negative peace’ and ‘positive peace’ (e.g. Galtung 1996). Negative peace refers to the absence of violence. When, for example, a ceasefire is enacted, a negative peace will ensue. It is negative because something undesirable stopped happening (e.g. the violence stopped, the oppression ended). Positive peace is filled with positive content such as restoration of relationships, the creation of social systems that serve the needs of the whole population and the constructive resolution of conflict.

Peace does not mean the total absence of any conflict. It means the absence of violence in all forms and the unfolding of conflict in a constructive way.

Peace therefore exists where people are interacting non-violently and are managing their conflict positively – with respectful attention to the legitimate needs and interest of all concerned."

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
yes, point at the soldiers and laugh.

perhaps they hate that.

but...

they will lay down their own lives for you to have the freedom to laugh at them.

They'll lay down their lives for what ever the state asks them to do. Never once has a soldier fought for anything other than hegemony and furthering state power. Are you really on an otherwise anarchist board stating blatant state propaganda? The very slogan of "they're fighting for your freedom" was invented by Ivy Lee, the famous propagandist, for the Wilson administration to manipulate the public minds in supportinng WWI.

Keith2

Reaction score
Global peace cannot be achieved, the only thing an American activist can hope to achieve is preventing the USA from going to war. In the 2008 elections for president the two anti-War candidates were Dennis Kucinich(democrat) and Ron Paul(republican). In 2012 elections the only anti-war candidate was Ron Paul. We can support anti-war candidates for president and if those anti-war candidates get elected hopefully America would not be at war anymore.

Kabukimono

Reaction score
I try to promote world peace and non violence, but in an indirect manner, I don't like to be directly associated to any group of people/beliefs or movement (at least I have still not found one whom I will openly state I belong too)
My way of promoting peace and non violence. Is by the way I handle myself on the road. I promote peace by being peaceful, happy, approachable and non violence within my daily life - regardless of the situation.
My two cents.

K.m

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
Global peace cannot be achieved, the only thing an American activist can hope to achieve is preventing the USA from going to war. In the 2008 elections for president the two anti-War candidates were Dennis Kucinich(democrat) and Ron Paul(republican). In 2012 elections the only anti-war candidate was Ron Paul. We can support anti-war candidates for president and if those anti-war candidates get elected hopefully America would not be at war anymore.

You should know better than this. Mussolini reminded the world that war brings a nation together for a common cause and overcomes class division. War abroad is peace and stability at home.

P

Pheonix

Honesty I think there is a way to achieve world peace, but the pacifists won't like it. The world as a whole will never be convinced to take steps towards world peace until after the whole world suffers greatly from World War III. If you really want world peace then sit back and let World War III happen and hope you survive long enough to experience the World Peace that will come after the war. Since I think World War III is inevitable I'm not happy that Obama and all the other liberals are trying to weaken our military, that's exactly what China wants us to do. Russia will be the wild card and hopefully they realize every time they back another communist government they get stabbed in the back by their so-called allies.

Thoreau

Reaction score
Website
zinelibrary.info
Honesty I think there is a way to achieve world peace, but the pacifists won't like it. The world as a whole will never be convinced to take steps towards world peace until after the whole world suffers greatly from World War III. If you really want world peace then sit back and let World War III happen and hope you survive long enough to experience the World Peace that will come after the war. Since I think World War III is inevitable I'm not happy that Obama and all the other liberals are trying to weaken our military, that's exactly what China wants us to do. Russia will be the wild card and hopefully they realize every time they back another communist government they get stabbed in the back by their so-called allies.

No matter how weak the US military gets, its still hugely powerfull, half the worlds military budget on defense is the US defense budget (aprox)
and with many countries owning nuclear arsenal, the MAD (mutually assured destruction) takes place and things will hopefully be settled nicely

Also, trust the BRICS (Brasil, Russia, dont know what I stands for, China, nor S) But those are the anti-hegemon and will opose to US influence - they tried some time ago to create an IMF-like organization betwhen themselves, so think about war not in military strikes but in power by organizations

although wars will happend, and makes alot of sense to stop democratic (as if) countries to go to wars they create, others dont have such luck

P

Pheonix

Also, trust the BRICS (Brasil, Russia, dont know what I stands for, China, nor S) But those are the anti-hegemon and will opose to US influence - they tried some time ago to create an IMF-like organization betwhen themselves, so think about war not in military strikes but in power by organizations

Why should I trust BRICS? I don't know what anti-hegemon means. I think we could destroy China's power with a simple embargo but the truth is the powers that be in USA and China are organized together against the people of both countries in order to gain power. If we are ever successful at overthrowing our own corrupt powers that be, China will probably get nervous and start a war against us. Even though I'm not happy with with our federalist government or capitalist society I definitely don't want our country to become controlled by the Communist Party of China.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads