What are you listening to right now?!!!

Older Than Dirt

Pilgrim
Current Location
Upstate
Suzi Quatro, "Can The Can" (1973)- pre-punk music from the gal Joan Jett stole most of her act from. it would be impossible to overstate how in love with Suzi i was at age 13-14.

followed by another '73 classic, one of the best road-songs ever, "Radar Love", by Golden Earring:

Most likely some Slade to follow, but i won't keep DJ-ing y'all like that. yeah it was, "Mama Were All Crazee Now"

But i can't resist two more songs you kids never heard, that you might dig, the best song i know about getting out of jail "Diversion", by the Equals (the song "Police On My Back" that you think is by the Clash was an Equals cover):

and the best song i know about running from the cops, in a version sung by a 9 year old "Quick Joey Small" (originally by The 1910 Fruitgum Company, i think) by Darren Burn:

Hope some of you kids enjoy this stuff, this would be the soundtrack to my "Hitchhiking, & shoplifting" thread about being a 70s nomad dirtbag.

Last edited:
Reactions: roughdraft

Older Than Dirt

Pilgrim
Current Location
Upstate
Ok, since at least someone dug those, two more pre-punk early '70s songs, , "Ascension Day" and "Preaching Violence", both by UK communist skinhead band Third World War, who almost were Iggy's backing band for his post-Stooges comeback records My brother, a pretty serious musician, can't stand the first song bc he says the guitar makes him physically ill.

This shit is PAF before "punk rock" as such was invented yet. Enjoy.