West coast

K

kokomojoe

It seems like everyone in my area has this desire to go to the west coast. Don't get me wrong, I've heard alot of cool stories from places out west. I'm just wondering if it really is as awesome as what people make it out to be and if it'd actually be worth putting the effort to make it out there.

flubbr

Reaction score
@kokomojoe

Yeah dude I'm from central Indiana too and I think its just a dream of something nice. Lets face it, Indiana sucks major ass and the west coast is the exact opposite. Interesting things to do, liberal drug policy, more open minded to alternative lifestyles. Pretty much everything we don't have haha

K

kokomojoe

@flubbr Thats the way I see it lol. I just don't wanna have the mindset that it's going to be super amazing and then be disappointed if it's not what I expected. Either way, it has to be better than indiana.

flubbr

Reaction score
yeah dude haha i wouldn't expect TOO much form it but its definitely gotta be better than indiana. i'm ready to get out the hell out of this place hah

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
From what I've been reading,due to my want to go back,a few cities have gotten real hard on the homeless,even have the no sit on the sidewalk,in San Francisco ! And if anyone has a few loop holes on those issues,please tell ! I will work,sleep in my vehicle,but there's nothing like sitting on some sidewalk,eating an apple or something & people watching !

Reactions: Mankini

FolkYouDad

Reaction score
West coast is alright if you're into hanging out in super blown up towns with a bunch of junkies and oogles. It really depends what you're into. I hate that shit.

Alex the Weaver

Reaction score
Website
apoclove.wordpress.com
The west coast is huge and parts are radically different than others.

Personally, I do think it's way over rated, but I still end up there a lot and will probably be back soon.

Have you been to Chicago, Madison and/or Minneapolis? I think those are the best parts of the Midwest and waaay cooler than any of the places I've been on the west coast.

I was born in Cali but mostly grew up in suburban Clevo and I always tried to disourage Ohioans in their total obsession with California. But then again I haven't been to Ohio since '05 and I've spent a lot of time in Oregon and Cali since then, so... it'll all depend on what you want and what you happen to find, I guess!

K

Kim Chee

If I were in the place you live, I'd probably be doing something that you aren't doing and I'd be having a blast.

It was, it is, it always will be what you make of it.

Noble Savage

Reaction score
noise, pollution, concrete and steel are the same wherever you go...SoCal and NorCal are like 2 different states...you won't be able to drive through a tree or pan for gold or drink out of a mountain stream in Indiana...the best thing about being out west is how insignificant the wide open spaces make you feel

Reactions: Mankini

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads